Latin Music and Dancing Weekly

Hi All,

There is a good place on Friday to listen to Latin Music and dancing. It is in Regina Cafe on Nguyen Du. The DJ play mainly Salsa music but also some Bachata and Cha Cha. Mainly local crowds but have quite a number of expats. If anyone interested we can meet up at Regina Friday.

ciao'
danny

it's playground of Xsalsa club. i'll be there this friday.

Last weekend I was at other Latin music party too. So on friday, Regina Cafe is the place to be. Saturday another place also have latin music. Is at a place call LaSalsa located at Troung Dinh and Nguyen Dinh Chieu. By the way, there is a good latin band playing live at Caravelle Hotel everyday.

Anybody knows of a place with latin music and dancing for tonight. Thursday night where to salsa, and bachata.

sensesofvietnam wrote:

Anybody knows of a place with latin music and dancing for tonight. Thursday night where to salsa, and bachata.

I know how to salsa and bachata.  :D

Hello all!

I am visiting from Austin, TX for the next 7 weeks and looking to meeting new friends and enjoy some latin dancing.  I dance regularly in the states (salsa, bachata, kizomba, merengue, cha cha) and looking to find some local spots here.  Any guidance on when and where to go would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Lien

Hi Jayde,

The best Salsa is in Hanoi but is getting cold now. In HCM city your best latin night is Friday at Regina Cafe which is very close to the Central Post Office. Other days you can ask the dancers at the cafe and you will be able to find out. Have fun.

Lien,
There is a mexican restaurant called khoi thom that offers latin dancing lessons/floor/music sunday nights (tonight). Let me know if you need a dancing partner sometime as i fancy going again ;-)
-Eric

I have been to the Sunday Salsa place at the Mexican restaurant the last time I was in HCM city. Food serve outdoor and the latin dance indoor. They have a walk in class earlier evening and then dance social later. The place is small though, 10 couples dancing will be crowded. Another alternative with huge dance halls with numerous latin classes and dance social is located nearby in the Youth and Cultural Centers.

You can check here http://www.salsahochiminh.com/
Seem like they missed Regina Cafe. Wish to check it next time.

For me, La Salsa Club is the best so far. Saigon Saigon Bar at Caravelle Hotel is quite too expensive (even parking fee is 3 times more expensive than normal). The Cube is way too small.

Just be informed that Regina cafe closed their salsa dance floor about 3 months ago...

Oh no! that is the best place to salsa in HCM city. Well now on Friday no place to dance salsa. I still think that Hanoi is the best place to do latin dance socially.

sensesofvietnam wrote:

Oh no! that is the best place to salsa in HCM city. Well now on Friday no place to dance salsa. I still think that Hanoi is the best place to do latin dance socially.

Ah, actually Xsalsa moved it to another address. Friday every week at UHouse Beer Garden, 01 Công Trường Quốc Tế (as in the link I provided above). Same people, just different address.

Hi, I am in Saigon now. Can someone tell me where i can go Salsa dancing on Tuesday, Wednesday and  Thursday?
Gopal