Vanuatu; Maintenance work in lieu of accommodation

Hi all position is now filled thanks!

Maintenance work in lieu of accommodation

Hi All, we have a beach front villa/s in vanuatu and we are looking for a reliable person/s to help us with some maintenance, possibly in return for accommodation (on the ocean!) or pay if you have local accom. already ie an ex pet living in Vila or Pango village region.

The maintenance is very easy ie painting, looking after pools, varnishing timber work and sanding work. It would ideally suit a retired couple who would love to offset accommodation cost with some labour.
We have several ocean front villas which we rent out on a per night basis/per week basis all with their own private pools, one villa is usually free/vacant at any one time which a maintenance person or caretaker could stay in. This could be a short term or lead to a longer term work.
There are always odd jobs to be done, we just need someone who is a "ex tradie" or a very good handy person....an all rounder would be fantastic!

So if you can lend your hand to the usual maint. jobs that pop up around home let me know!

Hi Andrew Griffen,

I suggest you to post this ad in the Personal and Household services job offers in Vanuatu section please, it may really help you. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi Andrew Griffen

, My name is Michael Shugg. My wife and I live in Vanuatu, Port Vila. I have started a business doing maintenance for expats (MJ Maintenance services) and have a few clients now
We can certainly work on the things you advertised for, and as we already have a property in Mele,
would love to  come to an agreement regarding the use of the vacant villa for family etc.  We are happy to negotiate wages with you once we have seen the property.

My background is maintenance work in Melbourne, I ran my own business there working with the Department of Human Services and many private clients. I am a qualified carpenter, glazier and psychologist ( please don't hold that against me!) And I am an all around general handy man.
I am a Qualified carpenter and am a Registered Building Practioner in Australia, since retiring here we have started looking for extra work here.

Hi Micahel I am here in van now staying at the villas!
Can you call me on 7114377 as soon as you see this post as we leave this sat.

It would be great to catch up and have a chat regarding our maintenance etc

Thanks Andy and Yolanda

Hi Andrew
Has this job been taken yet? I'm a retired builder with lots of experience in the Pacific and owned and operated my own company here in NZ for years, ex NZ Master Builder.
I've been looking for this kind of work in the islands and yours would suit us great.
Please let me know.
Cheers
Dave Dewhurst.

Hi Andrew,
I'm sure you will have had a few responses by now but always worth checking.

Let me know if you still need maintenance done.

Regards
Robert