First visa extension

Hi,

I apologize if this question has been asked a thousand times...

My first 3 month single entry visa is expiring in early March and I need to renew it for another 3 months.

I have been quoted $68 for a new 3 month single visa or $170 for a new 3 month multiple visa... Do these prices seem reasonable as I do not have a clue what I should be paying...  :/

If anyone can recommend a travel agent in Ho Chi Minh City that can offer a cheaper price then please PM me  :top:

Many thanks

The problem with visas in VN is there is no uniform pricing system, people just try and charge what they can get. 68 dollars for a 3 month renewal is ok, the big difference between prices is that you are going from a single entry to a multi and the immigration cops love to fill their pockets with Uncle Ho.

Thanks Colinoscapee

I start my new job at the end of the week... I'm guessing that a 3 month single entry will be ok for the time being as my employer will sort out my work visa/permit, etc...

Hmmm sorry I can't help because I got a 5 years Visa Exemption. Anyway congratulation to your new job:)

Hi,
that sounds like a lot of money,I've been coming to Vn since 2006 and never paid more than $50.00 and I have been living here for 3 years and I only pay $10 for my 3 month visa
I just go down to my local police station have my forms stamped then go into town to the offices that supply the visa's hand in my form sign another form and hand over my passport, pay my $10 go back when they tell me usually in 3 days and collect my passport with my visa stamped inside no problem
also by doing it this way I've got to know the chief of police at the police station who now comes round my house with his wife for dinner and I have been round his house for dinner and most of the police officers now know me which helps as when I come upon police road blocks checking on bikers they recognize me smile and wave me on,
but I would definitely make some inquires as that is a lot of money your paying,

Well the is a big hole in your story, now you are only supposed to receive one visa extension or maybe two. You then have to leave Viet Nam, as per decree made last year. Maybe knowing the chief of police helps you, but 99.99 % of people do not. The price quoted is what most people have to pay as they are not known to police.I notice you are in Phan Rang, totally different to Saigon.

colinoscapee wrote:

Well the is a big hole in your story, now you are only supposed to receive one visa extension or maybe two. You then have to leave Viet Nam, as per decree made last year. Maybe knowing the chief of police helps you, but 99.99 % of people do not. The price quoted is what most people have to pay as they are not known to police.I notice you are in Phan Rang, totally different to Saigon.

Naw, he's got a VEC, different set of rules...

Budman1 wrote:
colinoscapee wrote:

Naw, he's got a VEC, different set of rules...

Yes thats right, but he didnt state that. He also replied to extending a visa, so he is misleading the OP.

Was it $10 for 3 month extension?