Living in Belgium already a month now.

2 months now in Belgium and I have met up with other Malaysian families through the embassy that organised a pastry class once in a gathering which made me feel not so alien :) I am adapting well and surprisingly, I love the cold weather.... long walks are comfortable and wonderful without kicking up a sweat. I realise that it is VERY necessary to learn ether Dutch or French...best if both, to be able to move around with ease and be independent. I am living in a Flemish area, so learning Dutch will be first on the list. I am also in the midst of paperwork with the commune ...preparations to live in Belgium. I am slowly exploring different areas, especially the different food stores that sell specific ingredients and  food items for me to be able to bake my speciality cakes and cook typical Malaysian dishes whenever I crave for such :).

The other Malaysians I met that one time all live a distance away, far from train stations and are busy with their own lives with young babies and kids. Most of them are posted here on 2 year contracts by the Embassy.  What I am in deep need now are friends living close by to Diegem who I can connect with in real time ...those who are familiar with the public transport and routes to help me familiarise with ...to be a little more secure taking it on my own without getting lost... :D ...friends that I can meet up with for coffee occasionally for a chat and sharing. Apart from this, there is not much else to tell just yet as I am still new here. Anyone wanting to connect on FB or whatsapp just message me.

It's Robert (Johnaim) again...just read your story..you can reach me via mobile on whatsup or viber : +32475266604...if you like to be taken around Brussels or elswhere in belgium I shall be quite happy to show you around...if you need any information just let me know and I'll do my best to help you...take care...talk to you soon.. :)

I am so sorry ...I only just saw this....have not been active here at all and my notifications option was off...so I had no idea there was a reply.  I also have been busy with my classes, back home for vacation etc. My sincere apologies. I already have my resident card. I hope you have settled in well here too.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Off topic + do not share personal contact infos on the forum.