What is the best way to bring dogs to Vietnam??

Hello,

We are moving to Vietnam in August and have 2 dogs (10 and 11 years old) that we are bringing with us.  We know the requirements to get them into Vietnam, however, we were wondering the best flight patterns from the US.  Which cities in the US are the best to leave from (e.g. travel time, good airlines, etc.) and which airports are the best for layovers (e.g. allow to you to see your dogs, dog walks, dog kennel onsite, etc.) with the dogs.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Thanks

I would advise against it.  Dogs get stolen here and the thieves don't care that they're someone's beloved pets.  What's done to them before they're killed, you're better not knowing.

Happily, out in the countryside the dog thieves are set afire or beaten to death.

In the cities nobody will even cop to having seen it happen. Waggle waggle.

if you bring them here get a CCTV, guarded house and keep your dogs inside. Don't let them unguarded since they will be stolen 100%. Doesnt matter whether it's a huge German Sheppard or a Chihuaha.Vietnamese on Motorbikes gonna snatch them and sell them to restaurants (big, fat dogs) or to pet shops (small, expensive ones).

I only second IOS Freelancer opinion to think of your dogs and leave them back in goold old America.

Vietnam is not a country for dogs since people do not care about them. My dogs were stolen TWICE. One time we were able to buy him back from a shop in D5 since the dog was old, fat and grumpy. Nobody wanted him (besides my grandparents luckily) and the second time (last week) our little, black company puppy was snatched. No chance to get him back...

They don't sell directly to restaurants.  There is an intermediate sale that I won't write about because it's too disgusting.

The thieves watch your house.  If you take the dog out for walks the same time every day, they'll be waiting.  They operate in pairs.  They'll steal in broad daylight, right in front of your house, with dozens if witnesses, they don't care. 

Out in the country, people kill them.

Desperate times, desperate measures....

Leave your dogs at home, if you really love them.

missmae wrote:

My dogs were stolen TWICE. One time we were able to buy him back from a shop in D5 since the dog was old, fat and grumpy. Nobody wanted him (besides my grandparents luckily) and the second time (last week) our little, black company puppy was snatched. No chance to get him back...

You were very lucky to get the first one back, sorry about the second.

We lost two as well.  Both pet store types.  The second was a Dalmation and the first dog I really liked in many years, I'm a cat & parrot person. 

Whole street saw it, the guy threatened to kill my housekeeper.  I asked people for any helpful information, we have a relative in the magistracy and he could have made them investigate. 

Waggle waggle.

My neighbor, who lives alone, gad a dog she loved.  He got out one day and ran around a corner.  By the time she got there, dog was gone, twenty workmen in sight.  Did you see who took my dog?

Waggle waggle.

Cowards.  Cowards.  Man, have I come to hate that waggle.

Better: 

http://m.english.vietnamnet.vn/fms/soci … eves.html#

Thanks I really liked the puppy but that's life here. Pets aren't treated well here... If you love your dogs leave them back home. It's cruel and unfair being in Vietnam where nobody cares about them. Nobody besides you...

we got a new puppy two days ago. German Sheppard. Really cute. I hope this time the guards watch her since the last time the other escaped through the door and was snatched 5 m away ... and im living in a very posh and safe area:(