The Celebrations in Kuwait

Dear All,

as is customary around this time of year, let us gather around the fireplace for the annual "National & Liberation" day talk.

Once upon a time, long ago, there was a now banned substance being sold all over Kuwait - foam. it came in a can. it was nasty and would leave your car (And your person) filthy and sticky. The govt decided to ban the can, however, as with everything else, a new substitute appeared - the water gun.

nowadays, people have strayed from the celebration of these days and focused mainly on "Water Wars" that take place on the gulf road, with gangs of little hooligans running around like covert-ops dousing passers by with their water guns - whether they be cars or pedestrians (Runners, cyclists etc).

A word of caution - be careful out on the gulf road on the 25th; it is an amazing atmosphere to witness, the celebration of some, the multitude of colorful dresses and colored cars, however be weary of kids with water guns.

This tuesday I am planning a 25KM run/cycle from Marina Mall to Souq Sharq and back, in celebration of the national day.

if you wish to join us, do let me know :)

and happy holidays to those abroad and those celebrating the "StayCation" here!

Woow, interested, it's my first National day here in Kuwait. I like Water War :D

quick! stock up on water guns for tomorrow! hit the gulf road anytime after 3 and spray anyone in sight!

just be sure to carry alot of "ammo" coz the mosques close the water taps in teh bathrooms on this day unfortunately.. u'll find long lines at water coolers.