Manaus - Brazil - Film story being written, interviews needed

Hello all,

I am a Hollywood screenwriter who is doing preliminary research to potentially write a screenplay (film story) based in Manaus, Brazil, and potentially eventually filmed there.

While the film will be completely fictional, what I am seeking out is a clear understanding of the city in order to get an honest and true account of what the city is like - how it is run, what the socioeconomic situation is, and what makes Manaus distinctly special.

The screenplay will revolve around a fictional criminal organization, and the police force who works to stop crime and gang violence in order to make Manaus a safer place to live. As such, I am interested in a broad view of things such as criminal activity within Manaus, police forces responses to this criminal activity, and the reactions of the general population. I want to get a clear sense of how safe Manaus is, as viewed by its people, and their general view of things such as the police and crime.

I will be in Manaus in person from March 12-14 and will be doing interviews in person, both in English and in Portuguese (I will have a translator present). If anybody is interested in sharing their thoughts on these topics, or knows anybody who may be an expert of any kind on the city of Manaus, the socioeconomic situation, or crime/police within the area, then I would be happy to interview them. Payment can be discussed. Interviews in person are preferable, but I can also arrange interviews by email or phone.

Please respond to this if you feel like you could help with this matter. As said, payment can be discussed for interviews or a finder's fee for potential interviews.

Contact the following email address if interested:

[email protected]

Hi Tylerburtonsmith,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I invite you to post an advert in the Looking for testimonies in Manaus section please as it might help :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thanks! Will do that.

I am an American in Manaus, would be glad to tell you what I know of the city

That's great to hear, John. If you could email me at [email protected] then we could arrange a time to talk. Thanks!

Tyler