Family joining

Since my family is gonna join in next few months, I have some questions to ask,

1) my spouse and my passport has name endorsed on both. do we need our marriage certificate appostille additionally?

2) Do I need her educational certificate also appostille for family joining or her working (after joining).

3) where can I make / apply appostille in muscat?

thanx in advance

Answers to your queries  are as follows :

1) my spouse and my passport has name endorsed on both. do we need our marriage certificate appostille additionally? - Yes.

2) Do I need her educational certificate also appostille for family joining or her working (after joining). - No for family joining. Yes for working.

3) where can I make / apply appostille in muscat? - First at the Indian Embassy; followed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Attestation Section.

Good luck.

Sumitran wrote:

Answers to your queries  are as follows :

1) my spouse and my passport has name endorsed on both. do we need our marriage certificate appostille additionally? - Yes.

2) Do I need her educational certificate also appostille for family joining or her working (after joining). - No for family joining. Yes for working.

3) where can I make / apply appostille in muscat? - First at the Indian Embassy; followed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Attestation Section.

Good luck.

thanks sumitran for reply,

but is speedy apostille possible from being in muscat or shall I have to send it to india for same?. and also approx. cost for the same.( I paid around 7000/- INR in india for me)

and also do I have to get apostille done for birth certificate of my 4 yr kid also for his visa?

Yes, you can get it done from Muscat. There is a private business doing this work out of an office in OC Centre in Ruwi, besides the roundabout which will send the original documents to India and get the needful done. Cost of course would come at a premium and basis how soon you wish to get the job done.

Yes. The Birth Certificate also needs to get attested.