New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here

Hello,
My name is Noriko, originally came from Tokyo, Japan and now I've been living Taos, NM/USA for 21years. And I'm now thinking to move to South Asia since my both sons in college this fall,2014. I got a MA degree in Oriental Medicine  and RN degree working as an acupuncturist now.  I don't want to going back to Japan but I miss Buddhist aspect of life and good asian food. I'm still contemplating though... Give me suggestions?

jamielee9 wrote:

I will be moving to Phuket in less than a week. Step one on my journey to discover. I don't really know anyone my age... or anyone actually. So, im looking to hopefully make a few friends.

I am from Edenvale ... hope ur enjoying ur stay here

Hi,

It's my pleasure to be a member of the Thailand Forum,
I'm currently residing in the Philippines. Now I moved out
from Singapore this April 2014.  I  was working in Singapore since 1998 to 2014.I was 
a Resident of  Singapore for the past 8 years. Now I want to try to find a job in Thailand
particularly in Bangkok or Chiang Mai whichever comes first but working  in other side
of the country is not an issue for me as long as I can find a job suited to my qualifications
and my skills.
1. I'm looking for a job as Construction Estimator or any related discipline.
2. Call Center
3. AutoCAD Drafter for Architectural or Civil Works.

I've been spending my holiday most of the time in Bangkok and Pataya. Your country is really amazing.
People here are warm and friendly. I don't know but during my first visit to Bangkok in 2006, I
really enjoyed much and started to feel like I want to stay in this country for good.
Hoping that anyone of you can help me recommend a job for me.
Would appreciate for your help and support on this concern.

Thank you very much !!

Feeling Good after joining this Forum!

Hi there, I'm also a Filipino who will stay for a year from now here in Thailand, I'm looking for a movie/coffee buddy on weekends.  Im staying near Huay Kwang. I also have plans to go to the near beaches from Bangkok, so Im looking for a travel buddy...Hope to meet many of you here. My LINE user ID is  arowex. Hope to meet u soon.

hi there bro..welcome to Thailand.

I come from the Philippines. This is my first expat experience and I have already stayed in Samphran for 8 months now. Our Plant will transfer to Samut Sakhon next month .I need to transfer my residence and I will be happy to get your recommendation for a new studio-type apartment, preferably with kitchen and fully furnished. Budget is Baht 4000- 6000 per month. Thanks.

hi this is jim i am doing business in thailand from last few years it is very nice to live here i am in pattaya any body need help can ask me my cell is 0879097127

Hi,

We are currently looking for someone who speaks Thai and with a background in Finance.
If you have recommendations, please send me back a message.

Work is based in Manila, Philippines.

SirWinston

Hi SirWinston - i invite you to post your advert in the Jobs in Thailand section please :)

Hello, Kevin
I'm Kik. I'm living in Saruburi.
Nice to meet you.

How about Saraburi? Are you like here?
What do you do at here?
If you are teacher, it's so perfect cause I looking for English teacher in Saraburi. :)

Hello all,  I am planning my first trip to SE Asia and am in awe of the variety of things to see, do and experience.  What an incredible diversity between mountain tribes and Bangkok malls.  I plan to visit Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phnom, Penh, Siem Reap, Pattaya and then return home from Bangkok. I will take the train and bus between stops to see some of the country.
The main purpose is to decide whether retiring overseas is right for me.  Will check out the rental homes, traffic, public transport, and gage how well dogs are tolerated.  It's been recommended to me to consider Siem Reap or Chiang Mai.
I'm leaning towards the latter. 
Compared to Thailand,  I'd be bored to death retiring here in the states and hopefully it'll be a relief to get away from USA political rancor.
I've hired a licensed guide 2 days each in CM, SR, and BK out of Craigslist no less.  Also doing the Khmerways back country motorcycle tour out of Siem Reap.  Anybody here been there and done that??
Lots to do and lots to prepare.  Can't wait!

Steve I am gary age 66. Retired. Life changes this year. Divorce, move to thailand. Hook up with expat club in chiang mai as well as hooking up with other western expats living there.
Planning on moving in several months.
My email is [email protected]
I don't drink smoke. No night life. Work at gym regular. Told about Fitness Thailand as good gym to join. Like to ride bike. Go to AA meetings. Check out Buddhist temples.
Look forward to response
Gary

Yea but I bet you get really good TexMex food there in New Mexico.  I would never want to live in any part of the lower southern states, East or West.  Japan always struck me as being very conservative with dogged obedience to hierarchy.  Employees not leaving before the boss goes home as an example.  But I may be wrong.
Regardless with your medical skills you should be welcome anywhere in the world and I would think that in itself would be reassuring.

Hi there another newbie here from the US. Filipino heritage but immigrated to the America with the family and had been living there for the past 8 years and now living in Thailand. It;s my 2nd week here in BKK, any more street food to try?

for drinks go to cheap charlies in soi 11

Hallo, I am form Middlesbrough UK. I am planning on coming to Thailand in October 14. I have done a TEFL course and I am also a mental health nurse in UK.  I just wondered if anyone could give me advice on Visa's as it seems difficult to understand the best way to work. Does anyone know if it would be better to try and get a job teaching from UK then complete the visa system here or to go to Thailand on a tourist visa then look for work when I am there?

Any advice would be grateful.

Cheers Andrew

HI Jim, I would like advice on the best visa to apply for if you know this. I plan to do some teaching. I don't have a job yet and have not applied. I wondered if you know the best way round this, go to Thailand on tourist visa then look for a job or try and get a job first through web then get a working visa from uk? Any help thanks Andrew

awesome. thanks!

Hey greetings where have u come from in the Philippines ??? Paul

Hello All! Newbie to Chiang Mai, but not to Thailand. Lived in Pattaya and BKK for a couple years, getting ready to make my way back over for retirement in a few months. Interested in getting to know you all and find out some helpful info on Chiang Mai!

Any questions just ask

andrewross wrote:

HI Jim, I would like advice on the best visa to apply for if you know this. I plan to do some teaching. I don't have a job yet and have not applied. I wondered if you know the best way round this, go to Thailand on tourist visa then look for a job or try and get a job first through web then get a working visa from uk? Any help thanks Andrew

I can actually answer this one for you lol, like I said newbie to Chiang Mai, but not to Thailand.

In order to hold a work permit as a teacher, you will have to have a job lined up and a school that will give you the documentation you need to apply for the work permit through the ministry of labor. It sounds like your best bet right now if you are looking to stay for a fair amount of time, while increasing your chances of landing a govt. school or corp. gig, is to sign up to get your TEFL, TESOL from a highly accredited teaching school. You can get a 1yr. Student Visa, and also get your certification paid for in the price from most schools. Prices vary on the schools, but you will definitely need the TEFL or TESOL in order to teach in Thailand.

The area you decide to teach in, as well as the level of your degrees from your home country (which you will have to bring originals of) will likely depend on your salary. Hope that helps you a bit in your start for your search. Good luck mate!

there is a visa on arrival
there is a visa Non O
there is a visa Non B

there are many differences and if you want to work then come to Thailand look around go for some interviews and if the school or where you want to work is prepared to offer you a position then they will need to apply for a work permit for you. You will need a Non B visa for this.

Suggest if you come here that you look for work. Then go to the next step if you find some.

Hi, I'm John, an expat from America living in Bangkok.  I've been living here for 7 years, working in IT, living a normal life, nothing too unusual except lots of travel.

I write a blog about tea, mostly just about tea but a little about how the subject relates to Asian cultures (teaintheancientworld.blogspot.com/).

I wouldn't mind talking about life in Thailand and such but I've stumbled across this mostly related to writing a blog.

Hi,

I noticed your post, I am still in the states and plan on moving to Chiang Mai in early 2015.
I have a Tea business on line where I import Tea from China for Internet sales.
Would like to pick your brain on your time in Thailand.

I made numerous trips in the past to Pattaya, but never to Chiang Mai.

Enjoy working out, bikes & motorcycle, any info. For any of the above would be very informative.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Gino

saan ka sa pinas  brod...

Hi everyone. I moved to Bangkok a few days ago and I want to meet some new people!
I am 24, from England and have just started teaching in an international school in Phaya Thai.
If anyone wants to go for some drinks let me know..! :)
Miri

Hello everybody 😀 im praew , 17 years old, im not expat, I live in bangkok, study at bodindecha school, I want to pratice english, and Im very interesting to meet new friends :DD

Hi All,

I have just moved into Bangkok (am staying at Sukhumvit 6)
I work for an American company.
Will stay here for 4 months

Would be happy to meet and know Expats around

Cheers
Mohit

Hey guys, new in Thailand. Filipino of heritage, US resident and currently living in BKK. Started working for a local based recruitment and travel agency couple weeks ago.

Hi everyone, I just move to Bangkok for work and would like to know more new friends. I am new to Bangkok and would like to know more about the good food, places to visit and all.

Hi everyone...m Sudeep from India. ..I hv recently relocated to Bkk to be with my wife who is a thai national. I hv around ten years of banking experience with India's largest pvt sector bnk both in retail n project finance..Hv started job hunting, meanwhile looking around fr some freelance project appraisal kind of work..
Cheers!!

hi all
back to phuket but this time im sticking a long time i guess. im doing  ma masters and i hope this island amazes me

Welcome everyone :)

welcome to Thailand friend

you also can teach here by tourist visa after that you can look for working visa here, so if you have any question please ask me I can advice you.

Hi all,
My name is Chris and I moved to Chiang Mai 2 months ago. I am finding it easy to settle into this beautiful city, with it's laid back living and wonderful history. I am a chef by trade so if anyone needs any tips on cooking, please ask!  :D

Hello from the States
I am wondering about life in Thailand. Everything I have been reading makes it very interesting but I do have some concerns. I think Chiang Mai looks like a possible spot but I keep reading about the air pollution.  How bad is it ?  I do not like being around smoke. Is smoking cigarettes very common in public places ? I have gotten use to no smoking  in public places.
What is the crime rate and is there a problem with corruption in the government?

I am very interested in Chiang Mai. The thing I have been hearing is that the air pollution is very bad. Is that so and how do you manage it ? What does a decent studio apartment with refrigerator, microwave, air con, balcony, etc really cost / month. Is it possible to get one for 3500B or less ?   Have you experienced any problems with crime or corrupted police, etc?
Also, what would you recommend on a visa? I am my late 50's and considering a retirement visa but I would also like the possibility on doing some part time work ( teaching English).
Explain a visa run. Do you just have to go to another country and turn around and come back or is there more to it?
Thanks

ohhh. yah . its nice idea from you
i am Mohamed from Egypt live in pattaya - interested for many and many of friends - life in pattaya is really so nice - i travel so many countries worldwide - but really pattaya is one of the best countries to live in - and to make nice friend too  :)

Closed