We may have to re-write history regarding WWII

http://www.topmidianews.com.br/funcoes/crop.php?imagem=../noticias_/imagens/21012014131057.jpg&w=390

A new book written by Brazilian post-graduate student Simoni Renee Guerreiro Dias, 'Hitler in Brazil - His Life and His Death' gives a rather convincing account that Hitler escaped to Brazil and lived as Adolf Leipzig in the small town of Nossa Senhora do Livramento, 30 miles from the Mato Grosso state capital Cuiabá. Photographs and other artifacts seem to give credibility to this story.

Nothing about Brazil surprises me anymore. After all this country has a long history of harboring fugitives. Several top-ranking Nazis found safe haven here, including the notorious "Angle of Death" Dr. Josef Mengele. The fact that Hitler himself could have really ended up here is clearly within the realm of possibility and doesn't take a huge leap of faith to believe.

I personally find it impossible to accept that until today, nearly 70 years later, nobody has been able come up with even one shred of scientific or forensic evidence that Hitler actually died in the bunker on April 30, 1945 as previously claimed. To date all of the so-called proofs have been debunked. While this too may just another, it appears to be gaining strength with each passing day. I think that we owe a debt to mankind to at least confirm or deny this story using DNA screening and every other scientific examination available. But for me, I think they will just confirm the obvious; that yes it really was Hitler and he lived to the ripe old age of 95 here in Brazil.

I also find it virtually impossible that Hitler could have escaped from Germany without either direct aid from, or at the very least consent of the Allies. It defies all logic that the most sought after member of the Third Reich could simply have slipped out of Germany undetected.

I hope that typical Brazilian tendency for blind national pride won't prevent the government of this country from making every effort to uncover the truth in this matter and invite a team of international forensic experts to examine the remains to either confirm or deny the identity of the corpse as being that of Adolf Hitler.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

There were American Peace Corps Volunteers serving in that area back in 1965.    That is 65!  There was NADA there then.  Just getting there was an adventure; imagine in 1945.   

A gringo in that municipio back then would have stood out like a Polar Bear walking down the street.  I can assure you Hitler would have too.  :-)  Also, from what I have read, the Nazis who came to Brazil settled in areas where there were large populations of German immigrants in Southern Brazil.   There, everyone was a Polar Bear.  It wouldn't have been all that difficult to remain undiscovered ie: Mengele. 

I was stationed on the border of Brazil-Paraguay (near Ponta Pora) in 1965.  We heard these stories about Nazis living there.   Never met one, never saw one. There were some interesting expats along the border with great stories, but no Nazis.

Living there back then was like living a Clint Eastwood Spaghetti Western.

Hi Gene,

Evidently he did stand out like a polar bear walking down the street. He was known by everybody as "O Velho Alemão", so the obviously knew exactly where he came from. His lifelong companion was a Brazilian negro woman, who he possibly took up with in part to cover his hatred of anyone who was not pure Arian.

Just like all the stories that Elvis was seen at a KFC, this too could pan out to be just another urban legend, however there exists more than sufficient indications of its possible truth that a thorough investigation should be conducted, if for no other reason than to confirm or deny the suspicions. With the advent of DNA testing which is absolute proof there is no reason not to. While the war is long over and there are extremely few people alive today actually served in WWII all of mankind deserves the truth.

Cheers,
James

Aaaah, the Polar Bear was there, but they didn't know he was "THE" Polar Bear?   :-)

According to the Discovery Channel, they did a DNA test on some bones the Soviets stashed away and they matched one of Hitler's living relatives.

Maybe it was Elvis in Brazil.

Heard Elvis was in Macau...playing at the Sands. :-)

Hi Hailey,

Actually the bones the Soviets had were proven to be those of an unknown woman.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/s … l-fragment

xxx ooo,
JJ

wjwoodward wrote:

Hi Hailey,

Actually the bones the Soviets had were proven to be those of an unknown woman.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/s … l-fragment

xxx ooo,
JJ

The Discovery thing was 2012 or 2013.  The article you posted is 2009.

Druggie Hitler living to age 95 with a black woman?  Get real.

mugtech wrote:

Druggie Hitler living to age 95 with a black woman?  Get real.

Stranger things have happened.

Given the fact that Brazil has hosted the likes of Dr. Josef Mengele and many other high ranking Nazis, also criminals like Ronnie Biggs of the Great Train Robbery fame, nothing is beyond the realm of possibility. Brazil and many other South American countries were still strongly facist countries in the post-WW II era don't forget.

Clearly you're not taking into account much of Brazil's history, culture and past track record, if at all.

Thanks for popping into the Brazil Forum for a visit. BTW, how are your plans for a visit to Ecuador in the next few years going? I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself there it's a little piece of the USA tucked into South America.

wjwoodward wrote:

Given the fact that Brazil has hosted the likes of Dr. Josef Mengele and many other high ranking Nazis, also criminals like Ronnie Biggs of the Great Train Robbery fame, nothing is beyond the realm of possibility. Brazil and many other South American countries were still strongly facist countries in the post-WW II era don't forget.

Clearly you're not taking into account much of Brazil's history, culture and past track record, if at all.

I know their sordid history, very difficult to prove a negative.

Did you know the remains of JWB were never recovered?
He did not die in that barn fire, fled further south where he became a grand dragon in the KKK.
He was never recognized because he wore his sheet 24/7.
Died in 1903 with a smile on his face, having learned that the Supreme Court had ruled that separate but equal schools (Plessy vs Ferguson) were legal.

It could have happened.

The only people that love cocamaime conspiracy theories more than North Americans are the Brazilians.   :lol: