The other side of the Congolese postcard

Hi,

As a tourist in a foreign country, very often, we are enchanted with what we discover.

Living abroad is different. It's a rich experience but there are also some difficulties to face.

When people ask me for advice on living abroad, I then tend to say that one should also look at both sides of the postcard.

As an expat in Congo, how would you describe the two sides of your Congolese postcard?

Thank you for sharing your experience,

Julien

Hi Julien,

My experience in Angola i have already shared but in Congo its totally different .............this is a cool country.........here you can get visa easily and as well as you are not harashed by the police and immigration people...........if you are working here and you find any problem people are friendly to help you out........Nature wise also it has beautiful places to visit and important thing here is Equator Line passes through this country also...........Cost of living its all depend on one person how he /she has to manage........Actually if you see this all are the same side of the postcards........but in other side it was bad before 2003 but today the other side don't have any meaning in this country right now............its my view ........Job is a problem..water and electricity you can't get every where even in the city.......till today.........this are normal things in african countries which has not developed ...........but this you can call it the other side of the postcards......

Regards,
Anil

aryavrat wrote:

..water and electricity you can't get every where even in the city.......till today.........this are normal things in african countries which has not developed ...........but this you can call it the other side of the postcards......

Regards,
Anil

Means you are lack of water or just drinking water?? Is it very costly to buy drinking water?
Whats wrong with the electricity? Do they cut it purposely? What is the main source of electricity? Fuel or waterfalls like ours?? :)

Dear Mal,

Previously when i came first time to this country it was horrible when you talk about electricity and water...........but today they are producing electricity through GAS so far better then before.....yes water is little problem but if you stay in centreville area its easy.......drinking water you have to buy, though supply water is not advisable to drink......even if you are drinking make sure it is boiled...........Water per bottle of 1.5 litre is 1$...................

Regards,
Anil