Employment offer has been taken away

Hello everyone,

Maybe anybody has experience with the situation I got into and could share your advice.

After a few rounds of interview I received the employment offer from a well known 5 star hotel brand in Bahrain. The official signed and stamped employment contract was sent to me by email, I have signed accordingly and sent back.
Meanwhile I have resigned from my current job, gone through medical check and the preparation for moving to Bahrain was smooth.

And it came as a surprised as I received a phone call from the hotel explaining that due to internal reasons my employment offer is taken away without offering any other options.

I would be interested to know, is there anybody that experienced similar situations, what actions could be taken. This is pretty upsetting situation, keeping in mind that due to the employment offer I resigned from my current job.

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about that :(

This is indeed a very unfortunate situation to be in. I have not heard of something like this happen. It could happen to any of us and if it did happen to me I would not know what to do either.

You did sign and email back the signed offer letter. And you have resigned from your current job. Under common law, this is a valid and binding contract since there is an offer, acceptance and consideration. But the problem is to what extent are common law principles applicable in Bahrain. And who will take responsibility for breach of contract?

Whilst your situation is unfortunate, there is nothing you can really do other than discuss and impress upon them the damage they have done. The other thing you can do is to try and revoke your resignation. If you have been a good employee and resigned on a positive and cordial note, i am sure your former (current) employers would agree to a revocation of your resignation.

Best wishes.