Toyota or Mazda?

What would you choose between Toyota and Mazda guys? and most importantly why?
Particularly Toyota Yaris 2014 (costs 47K SAR) and Mazda 3 (50K SAR).
What are pros and cons of these model and which one should be bought?

Thanks for feedback and discussion!

If you're into resale stuff, go for Toyota without further thinking. If you want to enjoy the drive and okay with reduced resale value, I recommend you to go for Mazda 3.

The other benefit of buying Toyota is relatively lower and easily available maintenance cost.

I had a Mazda 3 earlier. It was a good car. However, there as an issue with the car which the service center could not fix....

Thanks for feedback. But what makes Toyota is so popular and demanded on used cars market?
Why not Mazda or Honda is demanded as much as Toyota? Just curious.

Easy and low cost after sales service. ALJ has over 220 service center in Saudi Arabia, the biggest network. Spare parts are available in several qualities to suite everyone's budget. Almost any mechanic can work on Toyota.

Mazda 3 is actually classified as a compact and the Yaris a subcompact, so they are not direct competitors.  You will notice the Mazda 3 is bigger inside and out compared to the Yaris.  Have you checked out the other cars in the 2 categories?

Compact
Toyota Corolla
Mazda 3
Nissan Sunny
Honda Civic
Mitsubishi Lancer
Kia Cerato
Hyundai Elantra

Subcompact
Toyota Yaris
Mazda 2
Nissan Versa
Honda City, Honda Fit/Jazz
Kia Rio
Hyundai Accent

As others said, if you care about resale value, reliability, and ease of maintenance, go with Toyota Yaris or Corolla.  If you want a more dynamic drive, go with Mazda 3.

Thanks Trapezius!

I prefer Toyota

i am using mazda 6, Mazda is very good and luxury car then toyota yaris, road grip is good in mazda then toyota,
but there is less resale value of mazda, only one adventage that toyota yaris can resale with good value