Pet bottles rebuying?

Hi!
Do you know do hungarian stores like interspar, cba,...rebuying pet bottles from water? Like for improving recycling habits in people.
If so..how many forints do you get per bottle?
If not, where can we take it to recycle?
tnx!

I think you only get money back for glass bottles. For PET there are normally just bins you simply drop the bottle into.

But be aware that the contents of those bins may still end up in landfills. Even a minor "scandal" where I live when it was "discovered" that despite all the EU grants paid to encourage recycling, buy the recycle bins, etc, yet the company paid to pick up the bins were sending the contents to the land fill. Their excuse went something like : We spent the EU money to teach people to recycle so when it becomes cost effective for us to actually recycle, we would. Given that last summer, at a local beach, I watched a worker dump all the contents of the trash, and nearby recycle bins, into one big bag gives me the impression that despite the "scandal" this behavior has not changed much or at all.

I drop items in the recycle bin, not because I expect them to be actually recycled, but because I pay for garbage by volume, and I can reduce my volume costs by using the recycle bins (which I don't have to pay for directly). This is the only real personal "fiscal" advantage to drop items into bins. But not sure if it is a real advantage or not, since those bins were indirectly funded by all EU tax payers via EU grants. So, since I may have already pay for those bins anyway -- might as well get my money's worth out of using them.

tnx!

I think at some of the larger Tescos you can  still recyle the pet bottles. You get  about 2 forints for every 5 bottles. I just remember that it was such a low amount  that I stopped doing it .