Looking for Full time stay Domestic Maid

I am looking for domestic maid who can help in household chores & take care of two kids and preferably stay with us.

Try speaking to neighbours and see if their housekeepers or maids know of other maids looking to work. Becareful of agents because they will charge you money and often they will tell the maid going to work for you to quit after a month or 2 so that you have to go back to them, pay them again and get another one.

IF you find a good one, do all you can to keep her, because they are like gold dust. I am on my 4th in a year because they were either untrust worthy, incapable or turned out to be really weird.

weird how?

Well here we go;

We employed a maid from somewhere in West Java. She seemed nice and friendly and helpful then we found out that she did know actually clean clothes properly or iron.
Then we found out that she had been married 3 times by the age of 30 and had 4 kids from 3 different husbands, the last child being taken from her just after birth.
So leaving my 4 month old son with her after that information became a little worrying and even more so when she would not give him back to his mother willingly.

We had to kick her out of the house because she was stealing food and using her meal allowance to buy bottled water.

That was weird enough for me.

That's messed up.

Since he's is still very young, I would suggest hiring a domestic nurse (a 'suster'). A maid just wouldn't cut it, really, They're only trained to clean and maybe cook a little, but not babysit.

HI oldfashionedjames,

Maybe you should also try posting your offer in the Housemaid jobs in Jakarta section as well, it may help. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi'how much is you salary offer and how many maid that you have in your house?i am looking for a job but i want it to do it all by myself and i am happy with that rather than having fatner but talk more than do the job never ending because of arguing fighting ect:).

You could look in places like Ciwidey but make sure your pembantu gets de-liced before starting work.