Apartment Complex Swimming Pools

I'm apartment hunting right now and one of the key features that I'm looking for in a complex is an attached swimming pool. Now my question is: If the apartment complex that I live in is equipped with a swimming pool, do I have free access to the pool? Or do I have to pay a fee every time I want to use it, as if it were a public pool? Or perhaps I pay a monthly fee in addition to rent to have unlimited access for the month?

I'm sure the easy answer is that it varies from complex to complex. I'm hoping to end up with a room in Hoang Anh Gia Lai 3 in D. 7. If anyone is a tenant there and knows the situation, I'd really appreciate some insight. Otherwise, I'd love to hear what the deal is at other peoples' apartment complexes/ what do the rest of you do when you want to go swimming. I'd looking for a complex that would allow me free or cheap access to a pool as I hope to be poolside at least 5 times a week. Mostly lounging-perhaps doing laps- but this is unlikely. Thanks for your input!

:P  at my complex The Vista,  I don't pay extra or on a daily bases , Im Sure the price of maintaining the pool is included in the monthly rent, but I have had friends come over to use it without any issues.

Hey,

I've been living in the Manor 2, Binh Thanh near district 1 and there is free use to the pool as part of the rent .. I'm moving to Hanoi actually and the landlord is looking for a tenant for the last couple of months of my lease until 5th May if you're interested in living there for a couple of months without having to worry about committing long term ..

Cheers.

(Moderated: Please post in the section housing in Vietnam)

kntrinh wrote:

I'm apartment hunting right now and one of the key features that I'm looking for in a complex is an attached swimming pool. Now my question is: If the apartment complex that I live in is equipped with a swimming pool, do I have free access to the pool? Or do I have to pay a fee every time I want to use it, as if it were a public pool? Or perhaps I pay a monthly fee in addition to rent to have unlimited access for the month?

I'm sure the easy answer is that it varies from complex to complex. I'm hoping to end up with a room in Hoang Anh Gia Lai 3 in D. 7. If anyone is a tenant there and knows the situation, I'd really appreciate some insight. Otherwise, I'd love to hear what the deal is at other peoples' apartment complexes/ what do the rest of you do when you want to go swimming. I'd looking for a complex that would allow me free or cheap access to a pool as I hope to be poolside at least 5 times a week. Mostly lounging-perhaps doing laps- but this is unlikely. Thanks for your input!

Just do what Jquinoq does and have use a private swimming pool for free!
Just invite yourself and your friends to a secure apartment complex and go right in.
Who cares if it's a private pool,who cares if you don't live there.Just do it.
That way you can live in an apartment complex without a pool and take advantage of others by using their private facilities.

jimbream wrote:
kntrinh wrote:

Just invite yourself and your friends to a secure apartment complex and go right in.
That way you can live in an apartment complex without a pool and take advantage of others by using their private facilities.

I don't use the pool free, I live in the complex, so I have the right to use the pool...geesh!!!!!!

Jquinoq wrote:
jimbream wrote:
kntrinh wrote:

I don't use the pool free, I live in the complex, so I have the right to use the pool...geesh!!!!!!

That's nice good for you.
Did one of your posts say this?--
""but I have had friends come over to use it without any issues.""

Is that not what was implied by my previous message for the OP.

I had heard that hotel swimming pool hopping was a thing in HCMC, but I've never considered 'sneaking' into apartment complex swimming pools...haha  I'll keep trying to find a nice complex that includes pool entrance in the rent...apparently HAGL requires an entry fee every time you want to use the pool....The Vista and The Manor both look like gorgeous places to live but they're somewhat out of my budget D: So the search continues!

Thanks for the input :]

No, it implies that I'm allowed to invite friends over to swim, while I'm home.  Just come over I'll let u in the pool area,

le_mai2212 wrote:

Nothing to do with housing. She asking about pools.....don't be so sensitive

I once visited Riverside Residence when I was looking for an apartment - near Parkson Paragon District 7, they offered free swimming pools access and tennis courts also - not sure how it is now.

hey jquinnog

u look like the mexican guy on tivi in usa.  george lopez, hahahaah

I live in Dragon Hill Residence (on Nguyen Húu Thó, just past the HAGL buildings) and there's a pool, a couple of loungers on some sand with an umbrella for shade, plus a gym. All included in the rent and usually pretty empty :)

Hello.
I want to live  there in a short time. Can u contact to me by skype: dinhnt2307

Thanks u.
Have a nice day.
Dinh.

Hi Dinh,

What you mean by living there a short time and contact you?

SO you have cheap and good place for rent?

nickuscdds12001 wrote:

hey jquinnog

u look like the mexican guy on tivi in usa.  george lopez, hahahaah

Maybe, but no lucky with vnese lady :(

Ah

kntrinh wrote:

.. I'm hoping to end up with a room in Hoang Anh Gia Lai 3 in D. 7. ...

If you're looking for a place in Hoang Anh Gia Lai 3, which is next to my house, the swimming pool is not for free. It cost about VND200.000/month/person and VND2000/times for unregistered people. However, if you are a tenant, you can ask your landlord to buy a registered ticket for you and they will add in the rental cost, just like what I did for my tenants who are living there.

In some other complex, the swimming pool is free. That means the price is included in management fee, no matter if you want to use swimming pool or not (there are many people don't need a swimming pool). Of course, the management fee is higher than in complex where you have to register for a monthly ticket to swim.

Wow-- we'll pray for you; but what a loser.... Luckily my boy posted a respectful comment and ignored your idiocy.

Scarletvn wrote:

If you're looking for a place in Hoang Anh Gia Lai 3, which is next to my house, the swimming pool is not for free. It cost about VND200.000/month/person and VND2000/times for unregistered people.

The owner/developer of Hoang Anh Gia Lai 3 is one, of two, Vietnamese BILLIONAIRES.

Now we know why!