Accommodation for 3 months in KL

Hi everyone,

I'm from Sweden and I will be in Malaysia from the end of May until the end of August; so I am currently looking for a place to live in during my stay there. I'm looking at either KLCC, Bukit Bintang or KL Sentral - as I have been adviced since my internship is at KL Sentral. (Please do suggest other places that are close to KL Sentral if you have any ideas!:) ) I had originally wanted to have my own studio unit but the problem is that no property agent is willing to rent a unit to me for 3 months- and I understand that.

My question is, what are my other options? I have searched for people who are renting out bedrooms in their condo units... and someone has offered to rent me a bedroom + own bathroom at Setia Sky Residences for 3000 per month. Is this a reasonable price? If not, what would be a reasonable price to expect from renting fully-furnished rooms in the areas I've mentioned above? The budget I had in mind was around max 2500... But I'm honestly quite lost so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Kim

Hi Kim,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

In order to know more about prices of accommodation in Kuala Lampur in Malaysia, i suggest you to have a look to this website below :
http://www.numbeo.com/property-investme … ala+Lumpur

Hope it helps ;)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Thank you! Checked it and I'm realizing that maybe I might/will be paying too much with 3000RM for just renting that 1 bedroom... If renting an entire apartment with 1 bedroom in the city centre only costs 2300RM..

But then again, I will be renting for short-term so maybe it would be more expensive?..

You should be able to get a room rental for about RM1k to RM1.5k per month. The offer you have at Setia is pure exploitation.

Try searching for expat room mates at:

www.ihomerent.comwww.iroomrent.comwww.ibilik.my

You can get to Sentral using the LRT or the Monorail from central KL.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Does it change anything that the condo does have some nice facilities? 😯 haha

This is hard. I've tried to contact other people but nobody wanted to rent me a unit for just 3 months.. :/

Hi
It will be difficult for you to look for a room for that short duration. My advice is that you should get in touch with some budget hotels like MyHomehotel. Maybe they will be able to provide you a standard room for three months at a reduced price. Should suit your budget of 2.5k as well.
Best of luck..!
Cheers..!

Ibilik is used by people who are already flat sharing and want another person - no agents involved. There may be some who want a short guaranteed rental so they do not have to pay the full monthly charge to the landlord while they wait for someone who wants a longer period.  Worth a try I would have thought.