Heading to Port Vila Vanuatu and would love to meet new people

Hi all,
I'm planning to move to Vanuatu and will be spending a month there initially this August to test the water. If anyone would like a wine/coffee ( on me! ) I'd love to meet some expats out there.
Looking forward to joining the community later this year.
Thank you!
Gabrielle

Hi Gabrielle,

Welcome to Expat.com and thank you for your post. :)

Maybe you can tell us more about yourself, it will help the other members to know you better. ;)
Are you coming on Vacation in Vanuatu? Are you planning to expatriate there in the future please?

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Hi Priscilla,

Yes I'm planning to expatriate. I've found a way to move my business from NZ to Vanuatu.
I was there on vacation a short while ago and will be returning soon for a month to start my residency procedure and get more of a feel for the place. So, I'd like to connect with some other expats!

Hope there are more people on the forum.  :)

Happy to catch up for a wine when you come over to Vila :)
If you need free advice on things like setting up a business and getting residency I'm sure there will be a lot of people that will help.

Hi, thank you for your reply!
I've booked a return flight to Port Vila, arriving May 9th and will rent a place for almost a month.
I'd love to have a wine and a chat during my stay, so will keep in touch with you if that's OK?
Thanks again  :)

Have sent you a PM with my contact details :)
Hopefully a few other people will reply!

Hi Gabi

[Moderated: pls post in the housing section] if you are still looking let me know and we can chat ok we have a lovely cottage that will be available.

Kathy

Hi Gabbi,
Welcome !! I will meet up with you ladies as well, I also know BellaM... I would love to join you ladies in a get together when you arrive :) Looking forward to it

Hi gabi

Not sure why you would want to move here from Jersey ..but never mind
It's a Great wee place - lots to do if you are into restaurants, beaches,diving, drinking and actually the local culture is very very interesting
Business wise it's a very small, high cost economy, quite expensive although Europe is rapidly catching up with Vanuatu.
I will be around in august if you want to meet up ....

What do you do in jersey ?
My sister lives in Dorset street. St helier and I have another two sisters there ....Don't know their actual street addresses but one works at the co-op bank the other for a Canadian investment house ...
I was over there last summer and it is very different to Vanuatu
Vanuatu is a third world country with services to match so you need  to be aware of that .....I see you have some contact with Aussie so that's a. Big help ...friends family and access to their health system makes life a bit easier for you
Anyway if it come to pass get in touch when you have made some plans

Regards
Gordon C

Gabi VN wrote:

Hi all,
I'm planning to move to Vanuatu and will be spending a month there initially this August to test the water. If anyone would like a wine/coffee ( on me! ) I'd love to meet some expats out there.
Looking forward to joining the community later this year.
Thank you!
Gabrielle

Why Vanuatu?  :/