Looking for a job in Oman

Can anyboby help me to know the average salary required to stay and save money in Oman? I am planning to move to Oman for job purpose and I want to know if I can at least save Rs.50000 (Indian rupee) per month?

To quote a ballpark figure, to save INR. 50,000/- (approximately R.O. 300/-) every month, you must earn at least R.O. 2,000/- net.

After house rent, transportation, utility bills and living expenses you should be able to save the said amount, without compromising on your lifestyle.

Again, the expenses would largely depend on your family size, school-going children and other factors of which you have mentioned nothing.

There are of course many expatriates here who save substantially despite earning much lesser salaries. That is because of the way they live. So how much you really want to save or spend is entirely up to you.

If the company is providing you accomodation and medical then average expense would be around 60-80 rial..
if company is not providing accomodation then around 250-300 rial...

Hi Sumitran,

Considering my profile below and current market scenario in Oman, could you please let me know the average salary I might earn. My Profile is below:
1. 10th Pass
2.12th Pass
3.Diploma in Travel & Tourism (3 years course)
3.Fluent in English, Hindi
4.Total 4.5 years experience in BPO(international call center experience)
5.I will live in Oman alone, not with family

Please provide me the average or rough estimation of earning per month in both scenarios, whether I get company sponsored accomodation, transportation, food and vice versa.

Thank you,
Valu

Considering my profile below and current market scenario in Oman, could you please let me know the average salary I might earn. My Profile is below:
1. 10th Pass
2.12th Pass

Please provide me the average or rough estimation of earning per month in both scenarios, whether I get company sponsored accomodation, transportation, food and vice versa.

Thank you,
Valu

Hi sir,ma'am anyone can help me to find a job? I am college level and I'm willing to get job there like waitress or hotel housekeeping.pls reply me because I really wanted to get job there because I know Oman is have a great apportunity... Thanks and godbless

valunana wrote:

Hi Sumitran,

1. 10th Pass
2.12th Pass

Thank you,
Valu

Hi valunana,

Jobs in the travel and tourism industry is one of the more heavily Omanised sectors. So the first challenge for you would be in getting a job itself, as Labour Clearances here would be really hard to come by, if at all.

Secondly, even if you manage to land a job (given your qualifications and number of year's experience in a non-travel / tourism sector) salaries would only be in the region of about R.O. 400/- to R.O. 500/- at best.

And, if you do get a job with company sponsored accommodation, transportation, food, et al., then subtract at least a 150 rials from the sum quoted above.

Best of luck.

Gretchenjavier wrote:

Hi sir,ma'am anyone can help me to find a job? I am college level and I'm willing to get job there like waitress or hotel housekeeping.pls reply me because I really wanted to get job there because I know Oman is have a great apportunity... Thanks and godbless

Hello Gretchenjavier,

The best bet for you would be to hook-up with someone who is already working in the hospitality sector here in Oman. Almost every single 5-star hotel's hospitality staff are predominantly Filipinos. So get in touch with someone through your contact network and request them to refer you for a suitable opening.

Applying online, or through any open forum may not really work as well, or as effectively, as direct referrals would. So try and connect with your fellow country cousins.

Good luck.