New members of the Cuba forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Cuba forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Cuba if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello All!
I'm newish to this board & wanted to say hi.  My family & I are moving to Cuba.  We are aiming to move this September.  We bought a house (my husband is Cuban) last year & have started some renovations.  We will be living in Ciego de Avila. Lots to do, so overwhelming at times but also very exciting & exhilarating.  Hoping to find some other English speaking foreigners living in the area.
Best Wishes,
CL

PS- of course I'm blogging about my experience  :D

Am Mr Odeh Joshua Oghenenedoro from Nigeria i am engineer and a missionary as well and am from african here in nigeria and will be coming to cuba havana on the 15TH of june and will love to be well WELCOMED AND HOSTED AS WELL AS AN INTERNATIONAL GUEST

Soy cubano que vivo en dinamarca.
Hace 15 días acabo llegar y aprendiendo a vivir en este pais.
soy chef de pastelería internacional.

luisgarrote wrote:

Soy cubano que vivo en dinamarca.
Hace 15 días acabo llegar y aprendiendo a vivir en este pais.
soy chef de pastelería internacional.

Welcome to the forum
As this is an Anglophone forum could you please post in ENGLISH only so that members can understand your post. Thank you.

Hy everyone, i am chioma by name. From nigeria. I have a brother studying medecine in cuba and i am hoping to join him soon. So with that i would really need our assistance with some necessary information. My brother just got there recently, so he s still new with the environment..i am looking forward for our assistance..thanx

CubanLover2002 wrote:

Hello All!
I'm newish to this board & wanted to say hi.  My family & I are moving to Cuba.  We are aiming to move this September.  We bought a house (my husband is Cuban) last year & have started some renovations.  We will be living in Ciego de Avila. Lots to do, so overwhelming at times but also very exciting & exhilarating.  Hoping to find some other English speaking foreigners living in the area.
Best Wishes,
CL

Good Luck!

Hola todos! :)

I'm one of the newbies here. I'm a Filipino currently based in Costa Rica. I visited Cuba last month and fell in love with this country. Now I'm exploring possibilities of working and living there in the near future, but I'm not sure if someone like me who has been working in the development field can land a job there (in an NGO, for example), considering the fact that they prioritize local job seekers over foreigners.

To verify all the information I've been getting online, I am coming back to Havana in a few months. :)

Hi,
Eliana from Porto, Portugal. I'm curious about cuba. Living, business, social and cultural life.

I hope to listen from you soon.

Eliana Gomes

I have been travelling to Cuba for going on 4 years now and have as most people fallen in love with the country and it's people.
Being a single guy I went with friends on a photo exposition of the country and fell for the beautiful country that is unmolested by commercialization of its society.
The one thing everyone has always warned me was do not fall for a Cuban girl.. Well to say the least I have.  We meet on my first trip and have been together ever trip I go back.  Now my 7th trip.  We have now become engaged and next trip hopefully we can marry.

Hola estoy contactando con Cubanos que vivan en Suiza para hacerles una preguntas, soy cubano gracias

caliniancu wrote:
CubanLover2002 wrote:

Hello All!
Best Wishes,
CL

Good Luck!

Necesito hablar con hermanos cubanos que vivan en suiza me pueden ayudar

Hello TitoGsm

As you are on the anglophone version of the site, it is required to write only in English.

Thank you

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hola todos!
I'm Djéna from Paris. I planned to go to Cuba in the next months just for few days to visit a little La Havane! I will be in Mexico for 3 months, that's why I will benefit from this situation to go and see Cuba for few days, "seria como un pequeno sueno". I hope I could find some advices from all of you guys ;) . Thank you  and see you soon amigos  :) .

Buena's todos

I am here for 7 months with my man who is English, it would be nice to talk with fellow Cubans here

I dont understand just i speak french or spanish sorry

go to the spanish version of site dude

For those who wish to post in another language please click on the flag icon on the top right hand corner of this page and select from the drop down box.
Thank you.

I do not that close, I am in Trinidad, S.S., if you need anything let me know and good luck.

Hi,am Linda Katjita in Namibia and i would like to move to Cuba just for any kind of Job...just to satisfy my family and also to live a new life in another country.

I hope my status will be welcome

Greeting
Linda

Hi CubanLover,
You send me a message and now that I see you in the Expat.com and just got to read your introduction, I would like to answer your last request?

Next year when I get to Cuba, My husband and I would like to meet you over a nice lunch or dinner and just chat away about our experiences.

I just started last week to send packages to Cuba of only my personal things and things that I have since my daughter's were born. What I am trying to do is not to feel so much the cost to send all my things to Cuba. My husband is going to send somethings by ship but it it will be things that he will need for our future house and some furniture as well.

I would like to meet people in Cuba too, that speak English and come from another country.

This week I will write in my blog again about the updates or things that I have to do to get to Cuba. Lets see how many people I can help out or make it easier to travel to the amazing place like Cuba.

Talk later Elizabeth.

Go for it. Love does not happen everyday and if your mind and heart agree on that Love, Don't let no one stop you. I didn't meet my husband in Cuba but he is from Cuba and I said that I would not marry a Latino or Cuban man, just because but his love and the way he shows it, makes my life a blessing. Now we have a little girl that is 5. Next year we are moving to Cuba, and his family is amazing. I went by myself to meet his family, and they love made me feel that I have known them for years. Cuban family's are so nice, loving, caring people.

Good luck and Happy Engagement.

Considering extended move to Cuba soon.  Retired male in good health.  Enjoy music, salt water, films, cooking, biking.  Computer pro for 40+ years, artist for 30 years, wide general aptitudes.  Need info and contacts. Rusty Spanish skills, but am relearning. thanks

if you need any help let me know, I live in Trinidad,

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Pl;ease do not promote your own services. Register in the directory.

My name is Timothy I am planning to move into Cuba next year for my first visit. My project is anchored on providing  humanitarian and social services.

I will be going to Cuba for six months this winter. I've booked a hotel in Havana for 12 days to experience the city. But,I would like to settle down in or near an expat community away from Havana,but not to far away. Near the coast line too. Anyways,I'm having problems getting any kind of info about this on the Cuban sites that I have searched out. Help.

Hi, I live in USA but my husband is Cuban. I have visited Cuba many many times before.

Try this web site, cubisima.com.

I have posted jobs there for when I need someone like a nanny and I always get someone that wants the job. Post your needs as a job and make the title eye catcher. Try to put as a job here to in Expat.com.

Good Luck,

Elizabeth

No expat communities there at least probably not in the sense your think of... ES CUBA

Hi, it's Pete here, from Toronto, Canada.
I've been spending a lot of time in Cuba over the past number of years; more & more time as the years went by. Last week I just got back from 6 months there. I will probably go again in July for another 6 months.
I plan on getting married there within the next year, and am just looking at what I need to do so.
I have built a beautiful waterfront Casa Renta (B&B) with 4 rooms in Baracoa. Until I get my residency I have to register and stay in one of the rooms.

HI i am looking any Bangladeshi living in Cuba

Hi everyone!

Thought I'd just drop you a message to introduce myself. I'm a PhD student in London and will be coming out to live in Havana for about 15 months from next year to do my research. I'm trying to get in touch with some people out there before I go just so I have some contacts on the ground etc who can provide advice/ introduce me to people!

Hope to meet some of you in due course...
Jenny

Hello everyone,
I just now joined this forum. My name is Carl. I have travelled to Cuba many many times over the last few years. I purchased a house back in May and enjoying it here. I had enough of the Canadian cold:)

Hi Carl,
I am hoping to buy a home in Cuba also. Did you purchase it in your own name? Any advice on how a retiring Canadian can purchase a Cuban home?

Hello

I am a British citizen living in Ecuador, for around 10 years, i work in the flower export industry.
I want to move to Cuba, as my girlfriend is from there, and at the moment i am looking at ways to live and work there.

All the best

Hello,
I also am trying to find out info regarding living in Cuba and purchasing property there. It looks like there are only a few people interested in this site. Have you happened upon any other sites providing information?

Hi there!  I'll be visiting Cuba for 1-2 weeks (June 1-11), and would love to meet some people! I'd love to know where you recommend I visit or do or eat, or even stay!

Hi Pete,
Glad to see a Canadian with experience there. I intend to spend my next winter there in Touristy  place like Varadero or something better that you can advise me about. I will book 1 week all inclusive and then move to private rental in the are. Will be my first time there. Please advise on where I should go for good markets, night life, restaurants etc. Anywhere but Havana not ...
Regards,
David - Edmonton

I am from Cleveland, Ohio, former Educator, Public Relations and Booking Agent in the Music Industry. Author, interested in recreating myself!

Hi Everyone,

I currently live in California and recently came back from visiting Cuba for the first time. I fell in love with it, like many other people, and am now considering what life would be like there. I plan to return next summer with my daughter and see how we do for the season. I'm looking forward to learning tips, tricks, and general information from other expats.

Thanks!

Hi everyone, I currently live in California I am engaged to a Cuban who lives in Cuba and we want to wed in Cuba this Jan 2018 can anyone help on what to do and what routes to go do I need any paper work to get married out there in Cuba i need a lot of help i just don't know where to start of the time frames on anything

Closed