New members of the Kazakhstan forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Kazakhstan forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Kazakhstan if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Musta co-expats here in Kazakhstan! I'm Fe or Ms. Fe to my students, a Filipina teaching English here in Almaty.

I have a lot of funny, shocking, memorable experiences in the almost 2 years that I've been here. I don't know but Kazakhstan seems to hold a charm on me. I wanna leave but somehow, I feel attached to this country.

Kazakhstan is a country full of ironies and that's its charm.

Hi febim henry Expat.com member looking for Filipino in Kazakhstan

Please reply kuya henry

Hello everyone! This Jenny,  from the Philippines.   I have been in Kazakhstan as an EFL teacher assigned in the town of Kyzylorda since  Autumn 2009.  While I love the slow and simple life the town offers,  nothing beats planning a trip or two around the country  in between school breaks.  I love my job here especially the students but  I believe after five years,  change is in the offing.  I think like all the others , I have  had my share of  funny and sob stories about living here as well.  Kazakhstan is my second home and if 2014 will be my last year of living here,  I might as well make the most of it.  Thanks for accepting me in the group.

Hi this is Cris. I may be assigned to Kazakhstan in a few months from now. I am a Hydrogeologist by profession. For sure it will be winter time by then, is it expensive to buy winter clothes in Kazakhstan?

Thanks and best regards.

Hi Jennifer,

Are you still in Kazakhstan? I will be there next week, pwedi mahingi number mo? just need someone to assist and know some Filipino in country.

Salamat.

Jeckoy

hi jeckoy,
i am leaving Kz for my annual Phil vacation  this June 28th but I will be in Almaty on the 27th.  My number is ***.  Hope to talk to you or see you so I can introduce you to some of our kababayans too.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Hello to you all

After 10 years of offering financial advice to the expat community. We will be visiting Atyrau on a regular basis and the next visit is in early July.
We offer seminars for anyone to attend with an opportunity to have a 121 meeting for us to understand your individual needs and how best we can help you make your money work harder for you.
If you would like to attend or ask any questions remotely, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Steve

Hi everyone! I am a teacher by profession and I reallylove to travel. I am moving to Kazakstan by September as primary teacher hired by Oxford Vision. MAY I know the average salary of expat teachers in the country so I will have the idea on how to negotiate with my boss interview this July15! Thank you! :)

Hello Chris,
it is not that expensive, but the quality of clothes would be better in your country

Hello everyone ! My name is Charles, and I'm a student from the UK who will find himself in Almaty from August 2nd to 6th. I don't know anyone there and I was hoping to maybe meet someone on forums like this one. The idea is just to have a meal together or a drink in the evening, and hopefully it would be an opportunity to learn about life as an expat in Kazakhstan or local culture. I  basically happy to meet anyone (expat or local) and although I'm not technically an expat (more of a tourist, I suppose) I still hope I can get to know some people ! :)

Hi Mark

I have recently started working in KZN looking after clients that have been here for nearly 10 years. Just had my first visit Atyrau and its off to Almaty and Astana from September.
Would be good to meet up on a Friday for a few beers when you get here if you fancy it?

All the best with your move.

You can reply here or my personal email is. [email protected]

Best regards

Steve

My name is Barbara and I am from Montreal, Quebec, Cana.
I have been teaching business English for 25 years in different enterprises.
I am extremely professional, punctual, and reliable.
I taught in India for 13 years and am now teaching Russian and Eastern European students on Skype.

My listening skills, tact and ability to relate to people from all walks of life are unparalleled.
I have my Bachelor of Arts in Linguistics and I am TESL Certified.

I am really hoping to find a teaching position in Kazakstan and  would appreciate any help that you could offer me. If you know of any available opportunities that would suit me, please send me the link.

I appreciate it very much.

Thanks so much and hope to see you soon.

Barbara

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

hi everyone..im frm Philippines.. i want to meet more Filipino here in Astana Kazakhstan.. God bless us all guys

Hi Jencarag,

I hope you're doing well. I'm not in Kazakhstan at the moment. I am actively looking for employment as an ESL Teacher and would appreciate very much if anyone knows any current openings at the moment.

I have been teaching for 20+ years, 13 of those years I taught in India.

Please let me know if you know of any openings in Kazakhstan?

Thanks very much,

Barbara

[moderated: Expat.com is not a dating website]

Hi. I am Steve. a new teacher for NIS. I am moving from Atlanta. It is my first international teaching experience. I  have taught for 13 years math and science, both English and ESL-ELL.

Hi everyone ,

Any one from India in Almaty ? I am gaurav from India recently came to Almaty on short business trip.

yes this is likith still how many days you stay at almarty

hey i am new to almarty came for education can anyone help me

Barbara: Check sites like Teachaway.com or TeachAnyWhere.com. They list teaching jobs all over the world including Kazakhstan. Good luck!
DVargas2

Hi Steve, I will be leaving the Atlanta area for Kazakhstan as well. A little on the nervous side, but it will be my second time working abroad. I'm sure we'll meet come orientation. Good luck! DVargas2

Hi, everyone! I am Daniyar from Almaty, local journalist and interpreter (English, Kazakh, and Russian). It would be nice to meet new friends from Kazakhstan and abroad.

Hi, I am from the Uk, hoping to to start this Aug. Teaching at NIS Pavlodar, Science. Can't make induction unfortunately. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Hi, ! I am Zhuldyz from Aktobe, translator (English, Kazakh, and Russian). It would be nice to meet new friends from Kazakhstan and abroad.

hi frns i want to know italy in brief

Hi Fe,

Are you still in Almaty? I will be there this October.
Interested to know local or foreing people to know here.
Kisses!

Pere

Hi All; I am teaching Physics at NIS Taraz and I have been on the staff for 12 days now :-). I have taught for 17 years and been to four continents. I am pleased to network with you.

Hi, Victor. I'm Steve and I work at NIS in Kyzylorda. I am new to international teaching and saw your post. Congratulations on your appointment.

Hi science.teacherman, I am pleased to make your acquaintance. Congratulations on your appointment too. Have a great time.

Thank you. This is very helpful. I will be coming to Astana October 5 for the first time. I plan to be coming frequently after that.

I am single  executive and would like to make companionship contacts, hopefully leading to something more meaningful. Any interested lady can contact to me at [email protected].

Thank you.

I am arriving soon. I hope your beginning is well.

I am very honored to know you, as teachers with your experience are, in my opinion, quite valuable to any school or student..

How is your new assignment so far? I know it is challenging, but you are certainly up to it, and I am sure you will do well.

Steve

Hello everyone, i am Rizwan Ullah Khan from Pakistan. I will be moving to Kazakhstan by December. I really like to speak to someone who can guide me through the visa requirements.

Regards

Riz

Hi may I suggest looking t the Kazakhstan embassy website which will give you the requirements for a visa. Is it a tourist or business visa?

I have been offered a job on a rotational basis (6 weeks on and 2 weeks off). I did some research on the internet and found out that there are like 3 or 4 types of work visa for Kazakhstan.

Hi everyone, Im a newbie here, just advancing to read blogs about kazakhstan but still waiting for some important papers before our deployment there....

I am a physics teacher in the Philippines for 10 years and soon to be a physics teacher in Almaty....hoping to have a nice experience there...

Hi! I am Gulmira from Atyrau.I want to meet new friends from Kazakhstan and abroad.

HI.Im Sirin... Im an INDIAN orgin but lives in Almaty now.. Now im in love with almaty.../:):)
Loved it and here its very nice & polite people. Likes to make more good friends here...thanks alot...

New to Almaty looking for people to enjoy all the city has to offer, of course, I am still figuring out where these places are!

Closed