New members of the Angola forum, introduce yourself here

pchibwe wrote:

Hello;
My name is Pythias Chibwe aged 37,married and living in Zambia.I have a bachellor  degree in logistics Management from Walkerhill University in USA,International Diploma in Logisticts and Transport from Chartered institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) UK and Certificate in Business Management from Associate of Business Executives(ABE)UK. Looking for employment in Angola.
Currently working for First Quantum Minerals as Site Clerk. I have experience in construction,Maintenance planning as well as Logistics and Transport Operations.
Contact me on [email protected]

Welcome to the forum.... :) 

This section of the forum is not set up for advertising of any kind.
If seeking work you can post your CV in the jobs section located at the top f this page. You can post it there for free and it will get better exposure there and remain current.

Hi, I was born at Bongo Mission near Longonjo, Huambo province. My grandparents arrived in Angola January of 1931 and my dad was born a year later. My dad speaks Umbundu and I still have some Portuguese though I am much more comfortable writing in English. I am continuously working on improving my Portuguese, especially writing.

I have a BS degree in Animal Science with a concentration in Bovine production and management. I am most familiar with dairy production but also have a solid education in Beef production. I have work experience as varied as graphic design and program management in the software industry. I am proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and a variety of other tools. I proficient in social media and have been active on Facebook and Twitter. I enjoy writing and photography and am a Watercolor painter as well.

I am currently self employed but am considering moving back to Angola to work in the NGO sector in animal agriculture and hopefully some value added products to improve the sustainability of agriculture by applying scientific principles to local know-how.

I have visited Angola 3 times since independence and have seen huge infrastructure changes, especially in Luanda. But in most of the countryside, infrastructure is nill. The lack of an electrical and water infrastructure makes developing animal agriculture production challenging. A stepwise approach starting with low technology solutions then building on the base with increasing levels of inputs and value added production. My vision is to do this with a technology demonstration farm that holds seminars to share techniques and know-how.

I know the people of the region of Huambo and I know that the weather is ideal for animal agriculture so that is where I want to focus. I don't want to swoop in as the white savior but rather stay in the country for the long term and develop a permanent entity that is self supporting through the sale of product to the rich and demanding population in Luanda and more locally in more established population centers with increasingly wealthy populations such Huambo, Benguela, Lobito and Lubango.

I hope to interact with other Angola ex-pats.

My Name is Fernando Ricardo, I´m Angolan, and I am profissional with more than eight years of experience working in international Oil & Gas, Engineering and Electrénic businesses, I bring a huge experience in Procurement, Sourcing, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Contract Administration, Materials management, Logistics, Leadership and project management. I started my carrer as profissional in Vetco Gray UK LTD, a Subsea Drilling & complition company which was been puchased by GE (General Electric) in 2007. So, all the former Vetco Gray employees were moved to GE where I Obtained my best working experience ever. I left GE in 2012 as I was Invited to Join an Electronic company and I was given a challenge to set up the Purchasing department and bring to the company more then 100 local contents. It was such a challenging period in my career. But at the end... Yes... I made it. I also have worked in companies like Maersk Drilling and Technip Angola Lda, a project management, engineering and construction for the energy/Oil & Gas industry company where I worked as Contract Administrator. I am currently ready to start any new challenging job which will be offered to me in a nearest future.
The country is rapidly developping and we invite you to join our several business & Jobs opportuunitie loved country.

Cheers,
Fernando Ricardo

HI I AM ABEL. I AM BACK TO LUANDA AFTER 5 YEARS IN CAPE TOWN.
IT IS A PLEASURE TO BE A MEMBER OF THIS BLOG. I HAVE BSC DEGREES IN GEOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY AND HONOURS DEGREE IN GEOLOGY. IF ANYBODY HAPPENS TO HAVE KNOW ABOUT JOB VACANCIES IN THE OIL INDUSTRY, I WOULD APPRECIATE IF A QUICK NOTE WERE DROPPED IN MY EMAIL ([email protected])... I AM ALSO WILLING TO HELP ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE WHO INTEND TO TAKE UP PORTUGUESE LESSONS IN LUANDA.

KIND REGARDS

abeldiogo wrote:

HI I AM ABEL. I AM BACK TO LUANDA AFTER 5 YEARS IN CAPE TOWN.
IT IS A PLEASURE TO BE A MEMBER OF THIS BLOG. I HAVE BSC DEGREES IN GEOLOGY AND CHEMISTRY AND HONOURS DEGREE IN GEOLOGY. IF ANYBODY HAPPENS TO HAVE KNOW ABOUT JOB VACANCIES IN THE OIL INDUSTRY, I WOULD APPRECIATE IF A QUICK NOTE WERE DROPPED IN MY EMAIL ([email protected])... I AM ALSO WILLING TO HELP ENGLISH SPEAKING PEOPLE WHO INTEND TO TAKE UP PORTUGUESE LESSONS IN LUANDA.

KIND REGARDS

Welcome to the forum....

Please note that posting in uppercase is rude. It is considered to be the same as shouting at someone.
Also, for security reasons please do not post ANY personal contact details on an open forum.

Have you tried a Google search for work, or you can place your CV in the jobs section located in the green banner at the top of this page.

Hi I'm chef ...I have many years experience on this industry want to move in England. and work there right now am working in zambia .

My name is Honest Chisha. I am 50 years old and married. I live and work in Zambia. I have diplomas and degrees in the field of management and teaching. Currently I am Head of Department at an International school in Zambia. My duties involve teaching and guiding students in their coursework and preparing them for Cambridge A/AS Level Examination in the areas of Geography, Business and Management. I also guide, assess and examine students in their coursework projects. I also works as Part-time lecturer for the University of Zambia as a Lecturer (Part – Time). My duties involve teaching Industrial Relations, Human Resource Management, Organisation Behaviour, Research Methodology, Change Management, Marketing Management, and other related areas of study. I also guided, assess and examine students in Diploma Projects. I would like to work in Angola.

Hi im Dave from the uk living in Luanda 9 months of the year, I work as a fabrication manager.
just getting used to the Angolan way of life and looking forward to meeting new people

Hi Dave
in which sector do you work

Hi Nick
I work for a dredging company here in Luanda,

How are you? My name is Tari Zhou l want to visit Angola.Can you help me get a visa by sending me an invitation letter so that l apply for it. I come from  Zimbabwe but currently  working in South Africa as a teacher.

I thank you in advance.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For security reasons please do not give over personal contact infos on the forum

Salam to all
My name is Waseem Khwaja and living in Sialkot Pakistan. I am doing my import export business and now planning to visit Angolan in next month july 2015. I am looking for some good contacts there in Angola specially in Sports goods.
Many thanks to all readers

Hie , My name is Gabriel Siyah am moving to Angola starting this July and am Married with two children .Im into agriculture and lots of fun ....hope wil enjoy my stay in Angola.

Dear Siyah,
I am also moving in Angola @ 20th of July. Hope to meet with you and have a good time there.
from
Waseem Khwaja

Hallo almal,
I'm Noah 29. I'm Angolan. I was also expat in holland for 6 years. Currently I'm settled in lubango province und I'm open to help whoever is in need.

Best regards!

Hi Noah 29. I am Tari. May you help me by writing an invitation letter for me so that l can use it to apply for a visa to Angola.Email address [email protected]
kind regards!

tarimazhake wrote:

Hi Noah 29. I am Tari. May you help me by writing an invitation letter for me so that l can use it to apply for a visa to Angola.Email address [email protected]
kind regards!

You will be very very lucky to find someone to give you, a total stranger, such a letter. There are responsibilities which go with supplying such a letter. Your sponsor is responsible for you financially,legally and lawfully.

Travel agents often supply such letters if you book your travel through them.

It is also unsafe to post ANY personal contact details on an open forum.

My name is Chinyama Kaumba, a male Angolan by citizen living in Luanda. I am 35 years old working with APR energy/ GRD Services in Luanda as a Inventory Coordinator. I hold three Diplomas in Business Bookkeeping and Accounts, Health and Safety and Supply Chain Management.

Hello all,

I am new in Angola. Yet to get my work-permit so working remotely from my home organization in Kenya.
It would be great to be  party of this group.

I am in Telecom consulting profession, working for Ericsson. I am mobilized from Kenya HUB to look into Angola pre-sales operation for a while.

Look forward to hear about expat gatherings and networking.

Regards,
Refayet

Hi,

I am new in Angola, I am working for multinational oil & gas company. I am in Angola now. I like watching movies and video games (PS4 & Xbox one).

Regards

Hi, I'm S Dawn from the Texas and my husband is possibly going to be transferred to Angola. Any tips you could provide on things you can't readily get there that we should bring? How bad was the culture shock? Have you found your O&G neighbors and the locals to be friendly? What do you miss most about the states, or should I say the south? There's truly no place like it. Any information you could provide is greatly appreciated.

hi ,i am zacky mobilized from eritrea,worked as chief pharmacist in corporation of pharmaceuticlas and medical supplies, known as Pharmecor eritrea,At present i am in luanda seeking any health related jobs.

kind regards.

I have an offer in Luanda Salary is $US 2000 +Food+ Accommodation+ Transportation.My friend are saying that there is no life secure.Could you please reply me it is sufficient salary or not as well as companies rules.I am waiting for your valuable reply...

Hi Sudhanshu

More than security, there are work permit issues. In case you want to come and try for a month, you can, but don't commit yourself unless you have seen the place yourself. Nobody can give you an advice for a specific company.
Do not resign from your present job, apply for a long leave.

Take care,

Dinesh

Dear all,
My name is Olide Tomas from Angola. I am a nurse. I have been working for chevron since 1998 as 28 days in and 28 days off. I have got 3 kids no husband and I would like to provide a good education for my kids.
Please help me on this issue

Thank you

Olide

Dear Dinesh can u talk over whatsapps -***

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Good Day to All,
my name is Abhi and am working in the oil industry in luanda.
I am from India.
I would be much obliged if you could tell me where to get meal replacement shake powder and protein shake powder in luanda.
are there any sports nutrition stores here.
I am new here and was hoping to spend my free time trying to  loose excess weight and  adopt a healthy lifestyle

Dear Abhi
Please tell how much expenses u have in launda  because i have been selected and want to move in launda.My company offer me 1800 $ and fooding and loading please help me.i am form India (Roorkee)

With Regards
Sudhanshu

We are not living there yet, but my research shows Luanda Sports Center has a store inside the gym that will carry the supplements you are looking for. They are located at Via S15, Luanda, Angola, their phone number is 244-222-015-617and their web address is luandasportcenter.co.ao
Hope this helps

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=529723

Thanks!

Closed