Close

New members of the Iceland forum, introduce yourself here

Thanks for your help.I'll look into it :)

Also my wife can cook real authentic mexican food and we always talked about moving to another country to see if they would like the food.her beef burritos are awsome!!

Hi all,

We re a young french couple, and as a lot of people, we had a crush for this country... That's why, we're planning to move as soon as we can on the island... I'm done with my journalism studies, whereas my Gf, is still student in teaching... If some of you have tips to work in Island, I take it !

Cheers !

Thank you!

Looking to live in Iceland.

Not part of the EEA though.

But still gonna make it happen!!

Lovely day to you all from. Los Angeles!!

Http://www.reverbnation.com/goosyandmama

Twitter.com/goosyandmama

Greetings Everyone,
  I currently live in Tennessee with my Icelandic wife.  We are considering making a move to Iceland and would be interested in and grateful for any information that anyone could pass on.  One particular area of concern is looking for work for myself.  I am a Software Engineer and would be looking for work in that profession.  I have had some difficulty finding any sites that list any job posting for Iceland.  I would be grateful for any information that anyone could provide in this area.  Thank you in advance.

Kevin

kmlowe1 :

Greetings Everyone,
  I currently live in Tennessee with my Icelandic wife.  We are considering making a move to Iceland and would be interested in and grateful for any information that anyone could pass on.  One particular area of concern is looking for work for myself.  I am a Software Engineer and would be looking for work in that profession.  I have had some difficulty finding any sites that list any job posting for Iceland.  I would be grateful for any information that anyone could provide in this area.  Thank you in advance.

Kevin

I work for a software company and we have almost never advertised our positions. People send us resumes and if someone seems promising, they get hired, or at least kept on file. I've seen that this word-of-mouth method is how it operates in MANY software companies. Perhaps your wife can help find some connections there? Otherwise, looking up iceland-based  software companies and cold-sending resumes could actually yield some results.

Thank you very much for that suggestion.   My wife has started doing just that.  I retired from the Navy in 2010 and really haven't had much experience in job hunting.  Thank you again.

Expatriate health insurance in Iceland

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Iceland

Moving to Iceland

Find tips from professionals about moving to Iceland

Travel insurance in Iceland

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Iceland

Flights to Iceland

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Iceland