New members of the Chile forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all this is venu. indian working in tanzania. interested to move to chile.hobbies are making new friends, web browsing, chatting etc/ i can speak english, hindi, telegu, punjabi, swahili.
If anybody like to be friend of mine, please dont hesitate.  Thanks one and all.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : please do not share personal contact infos on the public forum.

Hello to all,

I just arrived here in Santiago last week. My husband got a job offer here so I resigned from my job in Singapore to go with him here. So currently, I'm just at home at the moment, trying to learn basic spanish. I would like to meet new people here in Santiago whom I could converse in english, and with whom I could go around with. I really hope to meet new friends so that I could enjoy living here.

wellcome to service ok is very good this country but need to speak spanish in the cell you meet de trasladator good luck

Hi!

I'm a teenage girl moving to Santiago, Chile soon from the U.S.A. Looking forward to meeting you all!

-sugarplumprincess

Hey, im from mumbai, looking to get settled in chile, not being able to find any immigration consultants here. As from reading online, iv read that one can come on tourist visa and search for a job there. Well i am planning to come and learn spanish there doing a course and then look for a job. Need an advise on how should i go about it. It will be highly helpful if anyone can advise me on it.

Hello. My name is Art. I am a retired chef and baker from New Orleans. Currently living in Las Vegas. I am 67 active and adventurous.
After seeing Ushuaia on a travel show. I am intrigued and interested in visiting and living there. I am not interested in the usual expat/tourist enclaves. I want something off the usual beaten path. Remote but not primitive and 3rd world.
My goal would be to open and operate a small bake shop and coffee house. Nothing fancy but just good comfort food.
Most importantly my monthly pension income is $1470. Is this realistic for living in Ushuaia?
Thanks Y'all
Art

Hi there to all

I am a South African that immigrated to Chile in 2013.

My wife is a Chilean national but lived in the US most of her life. She kidnapped me (smile) from SA and we are currently living in El Tabo at the coast.

I speak Afrikaans, English, some Spanish but understand it pretty well .

Yes, Chile was a culture shock in the beginning, but it is what you make of it, you have choices and that is what counts.

I am a mechanic and run a small concern from home, furthermore, I try and make the best of my surroundings and enjoy the fact that here you can have a quality life, not always easy though but hey as I said before it is what you choose..

Would like to meet a few of my own culture and maybe introduce Chile to something else.

I love making my own sausage, biltong, koeksisters etc, so let me hear from you all.

Enough for now, would like to hear from you before I scare you off.

Okkie

German currently living in Portland OR is planning to relocate to Iquique Chile. My soon to be ex wife took me there in 2013 and I fell in love with the country, it's culture and people. I had a chance to spend time in Santiago, Valparaiso, Iquique and Pica. I am thinking of making the mice around the holidays of 2015.

Looking forward to make new contacts and some friendships.

Sincerely Frank

I am un Chile also have cell Phone

Hi Art
Sounds like a nice dream you've got going there! I hope you can make it happen.
I think $1400 is doable for one person. Haven't been to Ushaia but I've heard the cost of living in Argentina is really reasonable and they love US $$$$.  Look at fourflagsjournal.com
They have a lot of good info on Argentina. I read on there about a lady who lives very well in Buenos Aires on $500 per month. I wish Chile was that cheap!

Hi everyone. I hope you all are doing good. I'm curious to know if there is a Filipino community in Chile and someone can provide me the link so I can join the group. Thanks a lot. God bless you all.

did you make it to chile safely?

Hello everyone,

If you have any specific questions concerning your project, i would invite you to start a new topic on the Chile forum.

Let's keep this topic on the introduction of new members. ;)

Thank you.

Hi there,
I'm Chilean, was born in Santiago, but I've lived in Caracas -and then New York State- for most of my life. Now, I'm back in Santiago, but honestly I don't feel any attachment to this city / country. I feel more American than anything else. I long to live in NY again. I became a member of this community in order to network, make new friends and have a social life here. Thanks!  ;)

Hi Guys,

I am Indian planning to work in Chile. I will reach Chile in Jan 2016.

I hear there are many Indians already there,  Would be great to know if there are nice groups to hang around with. I am married, and will be travelling alone first, and later will bring my wife after settling myself in some place.

Thanks!

Hi, I am Brenda and would love to know how you got a nanny position and what rate can one expect. I am currently in Canada and and trying to find employment in Chile? Thanks hope you are going to be very happy.

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board  :)

@ Brenda, the member to whom your question is intended to might not know that you are asking him. It will be better to drop the member's username in your post.

However, as we are on the "New Members" thread, i advise you to open a topic of your own so that you may get some feedbacks.

Here is the link : https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fid=515〈=en

All the very best
Bhavna

Hello )) I have moved to Chile from Ukraine :) The climate is awesome here...from the coldest winter into the hottest summer. I'd like to keep in touch with people who speaks Ukrainian, Russian or English. I'm learning Spanish, so I'm only the starter in it :)

Best wishes,
Inna

Hi Inna,

It'd be nice meeting you. You'll see that most of people are on vacation now. It's because February is summer-vacation time. Classes begin in March.

Best,

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please register in the business directory. Copy/paste posts + promotion of your company are not allowed on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello everyone :-)

My name is Adele and I am from Algeria (North Africa) I would like to move and live in Chile and would like to have information about  life, living costs and Teaching English/translator/Music jobs  (English/French/Arabic) in Chile or even starting a business such as Farm ....I`m learning Spanish in order to communicate with the locals :-)....

I will be glad if I can make some friends here :-).

Thank u all :-)

Adele

How has being in Santiago been for you so far? Do you like it?

Hello! You said you were an English teacher in Chile? I'm looking to move to Chile to teach English there as well, may I ask what program did you use to get a job? And how was your experiences there?

No, I am actually moving to Chile myself and will be looking for english teaching work!

Hi all,
I'm an American who has been living in Mexico for a total of 12 years and planning to stay.
I was doing some checking on airfares for a vacation in August and it turns out that Mexico City is fairly reasonable.
Is it even worth considering a Chile vacation in August?
My Spanish is and was good enough to get around several Spanish speaking countries on my own.
If you had to weeks to visit any sites in Chile where would you go, where would you stay and how would get there, plane?, bus? starting from Santiago.

I'll appreciate any info you can provide.

Thanks,
Barry

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=576158

Thanks!

Closed