New members of the Hungary forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Hungary forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Hungary if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi I'm Emma, I moved to györ, hungary in October to live with my partner, it's a lovely city, lovely people! Finding it difficult to find work.
I am from Norwich, uk and only speak english, learning hungarian :)

hello,
I liked so much hungary.....its the best for me......

Hi all i am amedeo, i am 20 years old and i come from italy...recently i moved to budapest and now i am the owner with my friend of an italian beauty art/hair salon..

[modéré: no free ads please]

Best Regards

[Moderated: please post your resume in the Jobs section]

Hi all,

We are a married couple from England who visit Budapest regularly.  We love the water and health based lifestyle and the artistic, innovative culture.  We are looking to live part of the year in Budapest and part in the U.K or possibly to transfer our jobs across to Hungary and live there full time, though if our current Magyar lessons are anything to go by, we'll be over 70 before we can string a decent sentence together.

We are visiting Budapest this April and again in May to start our property search, currently I am spending hours trawling through Ingatlan.com as we wish to arrive prepared.  Any help or advice in our search would be much appreciated especially if you have been in our situation.

Hope to hear from somebody

Hi I'm Samantha,

I'm originally from West Sussex (south east England)
I moved to Budapest in September last year with my Hungarian boyfriend. Enjoying life here, really looking forward to the summer. Been lucky enough to find a great job, now its time to learn Hungarian! Looking forward to get to know everyone!

hello, i think this is one of the best sites to get to know new friends while being in another country, greeting everybody here.
I'm Rayan and I'm here in Hungary more than a year had been almost in all of the Hungarian cities, i can see a lot of nice people were already posting above, would like to catch up and meet.
have a nice time, szia  :D

Hi I am Zoltán, hungarian man, and I bought a new flat recently. Maybe I have experiences in this job and I would help you with pleasure if you need to find a good flat.

Hi good luck with your search I got somewhere last year but used an out of town agent and solicitor the people whonhelped me get a countryside home four years ago . message me if you want any further advice regards anns

Hi,
I'm Felix and I live in Norway.
I'm a self-employed and concultant for business companies.
Love Norway and especially love Oslo!!!

:)

[Moderated: pls post in the Activities in Hungary section]

What kind od work do you do?

I am curious  how did you get a job and what are you doing?

Les

Hi everyone, am Tony by name, i was formally living in Cyprus, but now currently living in Hungary, Dunaujvaros precisely. am speaking just in English, i like to meet with  new friends who can speak Hungarian language. Remain  bless everyone. :)

Hi I am Vinay...originally from India.
Will be at Budapest for a conference from 20th to 25th June after which I'll be visiting Ibiza (Spain)
I am a Budapest-Virgin (Visiting Budapest for the first time... so I know nobody there)
Really looking forward to making new friends and partying!!!  :D

hi there,

i am a native hungarian living in Szentendre but working in Budapest.
Let me know if you need any help with the house searching or if you just would like to hang out sometime and practice hungarian:).

Sylvie

I lived in Europe( Germany) for 5 years and have desired to return to possibly retire in Budapest. I have never visited( guess I should before making a decision) but have read and heard many good things. Just need some basic info,( i.e. average apartment rental prices for a I bed., best areas to live, quality of health care, p/t jobs for Americans, etc.).

Any info. would be helpful and much appreciated.

Hope to hear from someone soon....

Many thanks!!

Mike

Hi! I'am a friendly young woman from Budapest with 2 little kids, I'm lived in the UK for a short time. Me and my husband are english speaking are well. I looking forward to someone who could be my good friend.

Hi,

I am a native Hungarian who lives in Budapest with my 9yr old daughter lived in the UK for 12yrs came back 3yrs ago,
love to meet with new people who can speak fluent English so I can keep up what I have learned.
At the moment I am doing exams, but after the 19th of June I'll be free to meet up for coffee or tea who has similar interests like movies, travel, books or else feel free to contact.

Xo Zsuzsanna

Hey,

I'm an Australian internet/affiliate marketer and am working remotely. For the past 4 months I've been living in Saigon, Vietnam.

In less than a week I will be in Budapest. I'm not exactly sure how long I will be in Budapest for at this stage but it should be at least 1 month and up to 3 months.

While I'm here I'd like to learn Portugese/Spanish and guitar or anything else to do with music. I'm also a decent tennis player, just a bit rusty.

Looking forward to my Hungarian adventure!

Do you need any help at your salon? I am moving to hungary tomorrow and staying there for a while. I am american and have much experience with customer oriented work places, Plus I'm a super chill dude. Looking forward to catching you around hungary

Christian

Hello,

My name is Ruairi I am from a town near Manchester in England, am currently living in Madrid teaching English but am moving to Budapest in September to hopefully do the same. Speak English and Spanish now attempting to learn Hungarian (wish me luck)

I'm Brandi. I will be moving to Budapest in December. My husband is already there so I can't wait to join him. I love the city. But, I would love to meet friends once I arrive.

Hi there, I am a Singaporean. I will be in Budapest from September through 2015 for graduate school in CEU. I had my BA Sociology in University at Buffalo, SUNY.

Looking forward to meeting people for coffee. I love to hike, skydive, dive and also play the bagpipe. Am considering if I should lug my pipes along with me to Budapest.

Julian

Hello Everyone!

I'm 24 years old and just recently moved to Budapest, from the US, for a one year assignment. Would love to connect with fellow expats to explore the city! Feel free to reach out to me here

Hi there :-)

I just registered today in this forum. I am Merlove, recently residing in Tatabánya Hungary. I was here for 3 months now, I am from the Philippines, speaks Cebuano, tagalog, english, and basic Hungarian. I love to sing and meet new friends.

Hi Emma

That will be really difficult, you can only work as an English teacher for Audi Akademie Hungaria. Or try or find a job in Budapest.

Hello Everyone, and all welcome to Hungary. My name is Lexi and I also have recently come to Budapest and loving it. I am originally from Australia and luckily can also speak Hungarian well. I am also looking to meeting people and doing some sight-seeing and general fun stuff. I am free most days and find seeing the sights alone to be quite boring.
Let me know if anyone would like to catch up for a coffee and chat, either in Hungrian so I can practice it more, or my native language English.

Hello. I'm Emma and I've just bought a flat in Budapest. Love the place. Starting the renovation to rent process. Hope to be in contact with folks on here.

Hello everyone. My name is David and I have lived in Szeged, on and off, for the past 3 years. Before that I lived in Poland for 2 years and New Zealand for 2 years. I am an American by birth and currently do contract work in Saudi Arabia.  I would like to live in Hungary full time so am trying to think of business ideas. Tool and equipment rental was on top of my list(so I could use the tools when they aren't rented to renovate flats) but I'm not sure about it.  I'll probably just end up being a landlord like most expats. I hope to hear from some people on this site.

Hello Everyone!
My name is Felicia

My father and i are planning on moving to Europe in fall of 2015. We strongly want to make Hungary our new home. He and i both were born in USA. He is a 57year old veteran and on social security disability for life. I am 34 year old female and i live with him and i am his legal and sole caregiver and family. He and will live together in Hungary as we do here in Florida USA. His disability is enough monthly income for both of us, there for he is permanently disabled and can not work and i will not be working either, he takes care of me.

Our monthly income in which we share a joint bank account is 2,000 usd. Part of the income is what he receives from the Federal government as payment for me being his caregiver. This will continue when we are in Europe.  But my father has a malpractice lawsuit against the hospital pending also. If that goes in our favor then our income will increase from 2000 a month usa dollars to 5000 a month. But we will know by Jan if that is going in our favor. We will not apply for our residence permit until then when we know what our monthly income will be.

We have heard so much of Hungary and the people from there we have met were very welcoming. I have had some questions so i went searching then found this forum which i am glad i did.

Good luck in your move!

Dear Community,

I am a young traveller settled down next to my family in Budapest. I just came back from a journey of two years in India and Nepal and for the moment I am enjoying the peaceful Budapest.
I have been interested in Anthropology, following the courses of my country's Universities and then off to far away countried to experience on my own. I have been blessed in my travellings to direct myself into the work of education and consciouss development and in this moment I would love to be able to practice the mindfulness and amuzing education that I have experiences in my last two years.
In this manner, I have designed Paracosm Education, which involves english tuition in an innovative way of worldplay pedagogy.
For more information i would be greateful if you would step into this magical universe and get to know more about the work i am doing.

Thank you and greetings,
Maria Tutu

bonjour a tous je suis en hongrie depuis 11mois ne parlant pas bien le hongrois j arrive a me faire comprendre bien venu a tous

Hello everyone!! My name is Alex and I was born in Buenos Aires; lived for 18 years in the US (dual citizenship) and just got my TOEFL Certificate in St Petersburg, Russia. I'm considering moving to Hungary soon and I'm bilingual. Would be great to interact with anyone there, get some advice and make new friends! Thank you and greetings, Alex.

Hello All,

@michelc : As you are on the anglophone version of the site, could you please write in english so that members can understand and interact with you?

Regards
Kenjee

[moderated: post in the designated section ---> housing pls]

Dear community, I am greateful to be in Budapest and to be pat of this community as now I have returned from a long journey in India and Nepal(after 1 year and a half) and I would like to share my experience and grow into my own as a natural exchange. I am certified in linguistic training with Cambridge Proficiency and IELTS and i would love to shae my knowledge with children and adults interested to achieve fluency in english. My intention is to open up the ability to express and communicate in english through your own way of learning and under my guidance . I have a gentle and free aproach in which communication, exploration and imagination are the key concepts. My proposal is one-to-one sessions , skype sessions as well as Group Tuitions/Meetings where we can learn in a more interactive way. For any exta-information please contact me personally on my email adress: [email protected]

Hi there Guys. I am new in the forum joined the team to use same English and help foreigners to find interesting places in Hungary. If u wan to talk  with a native dont miss the chance :) Enjoy Hungary!!

Closed