New members of the Taiwan forum, introduce yourself here

Hi there! I'll be moving to Tamsui coming September. Thought I'd already get myself noticed. I will attend a Master's Program for 2 years and I am really looking forward to it. Though I am more of a city-life guy, Im sure I will be able to make the best out of my life in the charming disctrict of Danshui. Unfortunately, I don't speak Mandarin but I am willing to learn it and hope to find some proper way of doing so on a budget ;)

Hello ex-pats,

I just posted this in another section so my apologies if you are reading this again as I'm not sure where I will get the most response. My name is Diane and I am Canadian. I am currently teaching in Vietnam with my boyfriend and we plan to move to Taiwan to continue teaching in the next few weeks. We've had several job offers already but we are not sure where we should locate. Taichung sounds appealing for the weather factor. Mostly we want a place with a good night life, music events, art festivals, etc. What are you thoughts? Any advice on where we should go would be very helpful. We plan to stick around for a year or more if all is going well.

Hopefully we will get to meet some of you depending where we end up :)

Hi, I'm Julia. I just moved to Taipei earlier this month and am looking forward to getting to know people here. :)

Hi all.

I'm Xavier. Just arrived in Taichung for work. It's easy to get knowing other expat in Taipei, and how about Taichung here?

Hope can meet friends here to improve the language and hang out for better English skill or enjoy my time while I'm in Taichung.

Max Chia :

Hi all

I'm Max Chia from Singapore, 32 this year. Being staying in Taiwan for about a year quite sometime ago. These short spell of staying at that country has make me fall in love to the country. The pace of living, people staying there and food around are something that make my life so much happier than where am I now. I'm a food lover and learn to cook myself, Taiwan is a country that lots of people know how to eat and willing to travel to places to eat nice food. I'm currently finding ways to have a permit to sell Singapore food at the Taiwanese night market, and of cause find a way to stay there permanently as a resident. So fellow expat do share with me the procedure and requirement to set up a small store over in Taiwan night market.

Thanks you guys in advance and good luck to everyone of you.

Max Chia

hi, how is your night market stall coming along? I am a fellow singaporean looking to live in Taiwan, am currently exploring options getting a job or even setup store selling food... will be happy to befren you :)

Hi all! I am currently in taichung taiwan.. honestly I like it here than the philipines. I want to meet people with great interest of exploring and trveling around taiwan so I can visit this beautiful country..

Hey Julia!

My boyfriend and I just moved to Taipei about two weeks ago. Let me know how you're doing and what you have been enjoying. We are working on getting to know more people here and if you would like we can all do it together :)

Hi my name is Selena  from Philippines looking a good oportunity here in Taiwan is there anyone can help to,work in factory...thank you please contact /!\ I AM A STUPID SPAMMER /!\ add xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging + drop an advert in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Yo \m/ Hi folks

I'm Amy. I have been living Taipei for eight years. Nice to see you all ^^

August 25, 2016 (Thursday PM, ET in the US)

Dear Taiwan members:

Greetings from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!  I hope you are all doing fine. 

My name is Victoriano Cabiles.  I go by Victor.

I have been in the US for more than 15 years, and I am now a naturalized US citizen.  For the most part, I am a bit bored of the US.  I have traveled to more than 35 States, and I have lived/worked in 8 of them.  Everything is pretty much the same - fast food chains, churches, banks, gas stations, grocery stores, drug stores, and supermarkets, among other things.  Somehow, I have lost the excitement of living and working in the US.  Not to mention I had to drive to practically anywhere I wanted to go.  Oh, and the Winters could often be harsh.  I am tired of wearing thermals and heavy clothing in the Winter time.

Therefore, I am taking a leap of faith, and relocating to Taipei, Taiwan by the end of October 2016.  Taiwan is an intriguing place for me.  I have been to most of South East Asia: Hong Kong, Indonesia, Singapore, and Thailand.  I am originally from the Philippines.  From what I have heard, Taiwan is a beautiful and peaceful country, with a very efficient public transportation.  Yes, I am tired of shoveling snow and getting the snow off my car.

I would like to connect with expats in Taipei.  I am interested in meeting new people, and hopefully, making new friends.  So, if you are currently living/working in Taipei, I would love to hear from you.  I am also excited to learn Mandarin, and could use your advice on which school(s) to attend.

The best way to reach me is through ***.  I check that every day.  Just put 'Taipei' on the subject line, so I know it is from Expat.Com.

Thank you very much, and I look forward to hearing from some of you!

Victor Cabiles (MBA, MGM)

Moderated by Priscilla 2 months ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Questions and answers about Taiwan

Ask your question
Your best business development ideas in Taiwan
By Priscilla
dominic potter
My experience in Taiwan
By dominic potter
Hello! Visiting Taipei Dec. 15-Dec. 17
By gavinhee
What does Taichung offer
By LaraNeethling

Expatriate health insurance in Taiwan