New members of the Taiwan forum, introduce yourself here

Hi everyone,
My names Lyn.
Im 41 and have a 4 year old son.
Im coming to Taiwan in Jan 2015 for a holiday and to look for english teaching work.
I taught english in japan 10 years ago.
I have always wanted to come and teach in Taiwan.
I have a nursing degree.
Im a bit worried as i will have my son with me.
Could anyone please give me advice about schools, accommodation, or anything that could help me?
Is my age a problem?
Are there other single mums that have taught english there?
Thanking you

Hi all

I'm Max Chia from Singapore, 32 this year. Being staying in Taiwan for about a year quite sometime ago. These short spell of staying at that country has make me fall in love to the country. The pace of living, people staying there and food around are something that make my life so much happier than where am I now. I'm a food lover and learn to cook myself, Taiwan is a country that lots of people know how to eat and willing to travel to places to eat nice food. I'm currently finding ways to have a permit to sell Singapore food at the Taiwanese night market, and of cause find a way to stay there permanently as a resident. So fellow expat do share with me the procedure and requirement to set up a small store over in Taiwan night market.

Thanks you guys in advance and good luck to everyone of you.

Cheers
Max Chia

Hi,

I am a single Singaporean male living in Taipei, hoping to meet some new friends here! I travel frequently and have been to over 20 countries. Feel free to add me on LINE: 【asharae】

Cheers,
Sam

Bonjour je m'appelle Amani je suis d'origine libanaise , j'ai grandi et passé toute ma vie en côte d'ivoire et là je suis arrivée  en taïwan à taipei le vendredi parce que mon mari y vit  :)

mrs simpson wrote:

Bonjour je m'appelle Amani je suis d'origine libanaise , j'ai grandi et passé toute ma vie en côte d'ivoire et là je suis arrivée  en taïwan à taipei le vendredi parce que mon mari y vit  :)

Welcome to Expat.com
Would you please post in English
Thank you

Regard
Bidara sary

Hope you are enjoying Taiwan !

Hi everybody.

I am onimadai, live in Taipei, Taiwan. If you have some questions about Taiwan or something else, don't hesitate to ask me, I try to answer it!!!

Thank you so much!!

HI
My name is Debra
I'm a university professor (PhD) at the University of Colorado. I have moved to part time teaching and now realize I want to get out of the USA for the next 3 years if not longer. I am very interested in living in Taichung Taiwan. I am planning on getting a TEFL and learning a bit of Chines this year and then heading out in late Fall. I hope to find an apartment and a Job on arrival. Any advice would be so helpful.
Debra

Hi to everyone out there

Andrei from Romania and I want to move to Taichung
My girlfriend lives there hope to discover many places

I work in television

Hello everybody,
I am Emma and come from Myanmar. In my country,I worked an international school as a english teacher.I already reached in Taiwan for one month. Can I get a job in here?please give me advice to get a job.Could someone give advice for me.
Thanks.

Hello everyone,

Should you have any questions, I invite you to start a new topic on the Taiwan forum for a better visibility. This topic is on the introduction of members and their projects ;)

Thank you

Hi everyone,

My name is Candice and I'm from Singapore. My husband's job took us to Taiwan last December and we've been here for a month plus. I think it's high time I go out and start socializing. I have two young children, 4 yo and 1.5 yo. Would love to hang out with fellow mummies/mums-to-be in Hshinchu for playdates or even just to chill.

I love travelling, photography and all things vintage. Would love to link up with fellow Singaporean ladies living in Taiwan too.

Thank you. :)

Hi everyone in Taiwan.

I am Dago in Taipei now working on a oversea business, if you guys have anything about culture or language or work permit in Taiwan, please feel free to ask, don't hesitate : )

Hi everyone!

This is my second day in Taiwan, Taipei. I am from South Africa and teaching English here for a few years.

I look forward to meeting some other expats. I any of you are keen to showing me some ropes - that would be really great! And if there is any South Africans out there - I have a few questions about logistical issues, so if you could make contact with me, that'd be great! :-)

I look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to Taiwan!!!!!!! :cheers:
It's Dolly, I live in Hsinchu, Taiwan

if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me!!

I also want to improve my English

[email protected]

I will try my best and answer your questions!!!

Victoria is my name,you can call me vicki, Im come from the Philippines, I leave in Taipie Taiwan for almost  twenty years

Hello there everyone!

I'm Mark and I am from Philippines. I've relocated to Taiwan from Singapore to look for new challenges, making new friends and to be with my family/relatives. I'm currently in a look-out for a job opportunity in IT as (IT Support, Service Desk, FAE, Systems Engineering).

Regards
Mark

Hi everyone!

I'm Maddie from Florida and I'm looking forward to meeting new people and making friends in Taichung. I would describe myself as a foodie, love to cook and eat so I'm having fun exploring Taiwanese food. Also, I really enjoy playing volleyball so if anyone knows of a nice place to play for fun let me know.

Hi!
I am a "with it" senior lady (84) who is planning to make the move to Taichung, Taiwan to live with my Canadian born son and his Taiwanese wife and their two children.  So as I am not totally dependent on their company I am looking to join a group of English speaking people who have various interests.  I am fairly broad in my interests such as music, reading, writing, water exercising or swimming.  I am able to walk short distances, (with a cane however), but love to enjoy the cuisine, museums and parks.   I have 6 other children in Canada, specifically Alberta, 4 sons, 2 daughters, 18 grandchildren and 6 great grandchildren with Numbers 7 and 8 due this summer.  I have been asked to join my son in Taiwan to live out the rest of my days with him and his family.  Because I have been in Taiwan four times to visit and have fallen in love with the place I decided to take him up on his offer, sell my home in Canada and take the plunge!  So this is a small introduction and I hope I will get some good results from it.  Looking forward to making friends.

Hiiiiiiii everyone,

I am Abheek from India. I am looking for a Job in taiwan and planning to move over there. I have no work experience. I am looking for a job in export/import industry or retail. i found this website online. Its providing a lot of useful information. I am pretty sure it will help many people like me. Thank for Creating this website admin. Hope to find new friends from here too.

Thanks and Regards,
Abheek

Hello,

I have been working in Taiwan for the last 4 years on a contract basis with Lungmen Nuclear Plant #4.  I am a Process Control Engineer with many years of Foxboro DCS experience.

I very much enjoyed my 4 year stay.  I am interested in organizations that need Canadian Process Control Engineer Expats.

Ian

Hi there,

I'm Bruce from Singapore.  I wish to find out more information about working and staying in Taiwan.  Mind share with me more ?

Cheers,
Bruce

Hi Mum,

I'm from Singapore. I guess I'm more addicted to Taiwan than you. I only went once this year for 5 days during Chinese new year and I fall in love. Currently I'm looking good for job opportunities and hope can patch back with my Taiwanese girlfriend. Any advice for me ? Have you settled there ?

Cheers,
Bruce

Hi there,

I'm from Singapore.  I am looking for career opportunities in Taiwan. .  And hopefully patch with my girlfriend.  Any advise for me regards opportunities and life ? Is it a good place to spend the rest of the life ?

Cheers,
Bruce

Hi Bruce:

I'm glad  that you add me the list of friend!

Nice to meet you! I'm a student at Tamkang University and now I live in Taipei.   :cheers:

(Sorry! I don't know why I can't reply you directly through the private message, so I post my answer here.)

Hi!

I am Seow Ting, Singaporean :)

Been to Taiwan many times because my boyfriend is a Taiwanese!

Keen to know more about jobs available for me over there.

I'm a fresh degree grad  :)

Can anyone assist?

Moderated by Christine
Reason: off topic + for any job search, please post your advert in the jobs section

Thank u, I'm still trying like how to post a blog or anything here!

I think you can try Compass! I've learned English there before, you can try!

"Compass" is the name

you can try " COMPASS", i think they will need many teachers :)

hows everything in taichung? :)

Elkemm wrote:

Hi to everyone out there

Andrei from Romania and I want to move to Taichung
My girlfriend lives there hope to discover many places

I work in television

Hi all,

I am Lorenzo, I am guy coming from Italy (Milan) and I'm heading to Taipei for work and for interest. Hope to meet someone, especially if he/she has a free single room!

Stay tuned.

Lorenzo

Hey my name is Anita from Kenya,currently I'm leaving in new Taipei Taiwan just like you I would like to learn ChineseChinese,most of my friends don't know English and we are all frustrated with the communication

Hi All,

Hope everyone are having amazing time under the Taiwan Cyclone & Clouds...  :/

I am Pawan Heged, from Bengaluru , India. I recently moved to Hsinchu.. People looking to explore Hsinchu, I am here to hear some of your experience.. to look through the city ..testing new food and explore new places and people..

I am looking tp join group of Chineese ( Mandrin ) learners & English / Indian language speaking personalities ... So whenever you feel to include me ...Please do..

Thanks
Regards
Pawan

Hi everyone

I am saub from India and has come for some fellowship at taichung  medical hospital....
I would be happy if somebody Could tell where to learn some Chinese as it is difficult to communicate over here...
And looking for sm frnds in taichung.... It so boring sometimes...

Hi, Saub,

Which medical hospital in Taichung will you be doing your fellowship at? My husband works as a doctor in one of the hospitals here.

As for learning Mandarin Chinese, if you have spare time, you can enrol at universities such as Chung Hsing and National Taichung University of Education.

Good luck!

Joanna

Hi everyone!  I'm new to the forum.  Been living and working in Taiwan for 6 years already.  So, Hi!

Hey! Nice to meet you, I'm Roy. Looking to move to Taiwan within the next 6-13 months. What do you do for a living in Taiwan and do you speak mandarin?

Hi, Anamericanintaipei,

Wow, 6 years! I only moved here two years ago. :) Hi!

hello
i am ajay bangalore india me and my two friends are  coming to taiwan this month .we 3 are currently studying in pes university bangalore,. we are about to join national taipei university of technology taiwan for a short term research for about 40 -50days .we are looking for accommodation near taipei tech university  at your beautiful  country, so please help us guys .and reply as sson as possible.

Closed