New members of the Canada forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Canada forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Canada if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello,

My name is Claire. I'm 23 and currently studying in a M.A research (Politics) in Paris, I'm originally from Lille in the North of France. I plan to go live wiht my fiancé who is a Canadian pr in 2;5 years. We wish to live in Edmonton.
I registered on this forum to start already looking for information.

Why don't you people get married and you can then apply as spouse and that will become much more easier for you . Otherwise you can apply for work permit or student visa. Please go through Canadian immigration website http://canada.ca/en/index.html and you can easily figure out that what suits you best. :)

Actually the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website is:

www.cic.gc.ca/english

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi All I had Logged in my application on the 13th October 2011 - - and myself and my spouse had cleared DELF A1 examinations and submitted the required docs too- - -
I had called on Quebec hot line nos and they had informed me that i need to wait for further response - - -
There is no communication further for any interviews for my PR- - -
members please help and throw some light on my process....
Application Logg - October 13 - 2011
File No Received

Hi, I'm Em. My husband and I are considering a move to Vancouver area with our 2 children. Currently trying to suss out the best areas to live, planning a holiday next year to get exploring. Hoping these forums will help us find out what we need to know :)

Hi...im from Johannesburg South Africa ...I regard myself as extremely nice :-)...passionate about life and what it has to offer... i hate negative people and believe there is a positive side to everything depending on how you look at it...the " if life throws you a lemons ...make lemonade works for me" . Im quite confident and know what I want in life keeping in mind there is a fine line between confidence and arrogance ;-)...Well thats just me ...a "sunny girl " from "sunny "South Africa....wishing to relocate to Canada for a few years....oh yah and some say i talk alot*lol*

I hold a BA Communication Science ( media ; marketing ) and would like to expand my knowledge and experience in the Digital communication field as well as gaining experience in the Corporate Marketing field as well. If anyone knows of institutions which can offer me such (a job ) kindly forward me the information. Thank u so much for your assistance

hello
my skype is
estefanomichealo

Hi all , Im Ireshnan, currently working as an Instrument Mechanician in Richards Bay, Kwa Zulu Natal. Also looking
to move to Canada,focussing on Alberta, Edmonton. Im also always available to share whatever information I uncover. So far all I learned is that I need to certify my Trade test through the Alberta Trade secrets website. Also wanted to find out if I could apply for a work permit without having a job offer. So if I do get a job offer im good to go. My email is [email protected], if anyone wants to discuss anything. Always willing to help.If I do get any information, will be sure to pass it along. Looks like Symone and I are in a similar situation. Will help where I can.
Have a great week ahead folks.

Ireshnan :)

Hello,
I'm Maria live in Abbey, BC Canada. BC is a sunshine state with lots of taxes.
All the best of luck for you all

Hi Claire. what information do you need?

My name Wa'ciu my friends call me Pop. I go by the monicker D.J. Pop. I am from kwara state Nigeria, west Africa.I am youruba by tribe, I wil be 30 on may 5, single, of course searcin.g 'for my Queenie companion. I am a proffesional Disc Jockey ,I play Nigerian and foreign hip hop, rnb, rage, ragga, salsa, soul and techno dance, calypso, makosa , fuji, juju and pop music. I would greatly love to secure a lucrtative dj job by rendering my best service in Canada, I would also love to make new friends from any part of Canada. My email is [email protected] and my mobile is +2348166142996. Thanks for having me on this forum. Peace.

hello
i am mohamed from algeria, i have been acepted in a college in mississauga and i will start school this september; i find this blog very useful and i hope it guides me through my journey.
thank you

Hello,

Am Johannes from Ghana. Am a diagnostic radiographer, and it has been my dream to go to Canada: I therefore think this is the opportunity. Please help

Hello

Thanks for invitation this forum. I am Travel Consultant/Agent and 16 years work experience. Last 5 years i have lot of study throw inter net about Canada and Canadian Tourism specially British Columbia.During my job search i meet many Canadian by email and phone call. I am already involved Canadian Motel owner and he is trying a sponsorship job offer but he need special permission from Canadian immigration/CHRD and that is Labor Market opinion (LMO). For hire foreign worker in Canada, Canadian company need LMO.

I like to inform you wishes to move Canada, you can apply direct owner/ company by job search. eluta.ca  wowjobs.ca ca.indeed.com. Please do not send any money regarding LMO or work permit. Good luck every one  for job search.

Hi iam Sandra a liberian but presently living in Nigeria ,studing in one of the university of Nigeria. My dreams are to complete my study in Canada I wish this forum can help me achieve my goal.

Hi, if you completed some study then think higher study in abroad. Most of country embassy/consular section they give prior running student and means who just finished his/her Secondary School certificate/ Bachelor degree with IELTS and sufficient money. You could contact nearest Canadian Embassy/Consular section.

Thank you for the welcome
I am a 50 year old Zimbabwean   hoping to find employment in Canada.I completed my apprenticeship in 1986  and have over 20 years  working experience in the electrical trade.
I am hoping for a job offer  so as to obtain an open work visa.  Any info and advice and assistance would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

Hello,

I am a Cameroonian, 40 yrs of age and will probable be in Canada by next month. I am a business inclined but interested to enrol for a short term vocational training that enable me easily get a job in any field for instance Oil and Gas, Mining, etc and was thinking of Alberta as the best. Please advise. I will appreciate if someone can offer to provide a temporal accommodation while i look for a place to rent.

Dear all Friends

Who wishes to move Canada By immigration visa (permanent residence) or as a skilled worker you can check this site Citizenship and immigration Canada CIC or Federal Skilled worker CIC or NOVA SCOTIA Immigration Canada and yes all official government page open. I also inform you never pay to any agent/lawyer about work permit. its really not possible who stay out of Canada. Good luck all of you.

Hello everyone,my name is adun,a little girl from nigeria...I would love to make friend here and want to further in my academic in humber college...just need someone to explain this to me cus am new to this forum...presently in nigeria...

Good luck[

Hi my name is raymond,I'm from Edinburgh scotland living in calgary and employed on a work permit,with a calgary based earthmoving company.
I'm here with my wife and two kids aged 7 and 9 boy and girl.

It would be nice to hear from any scottish or brits in calgary.

We've lived here since April 2013.

Anyway,there's my wee intro..

Regards,

Raymond.

Hello, are you planning to only holiday. if you think for continue live and work then i encourage you" Valemount". I Last 3 years i have lots of study about Valemount and Canadian Tourism by inter net. The place really nice i my self proceed continue live and work with permanent job. If you like more  information please mail me.  [email protected]

Thank you info much appreciated will email you soon Thanks once again

Thank you
I will continue my Job Search and hope to be successful Thanks for the info

Dear Julien
              I love to work and live in Canada as it is my favorite destination. Although I am an indian and work here I want to re locate in Canada if ever i am given an opportunity.

Regards

Vishnu

Good morning everyone and happy Monday!!

my name is Nino, 30 y.o. im working at International Islamic Education Council (IIEC) as Overseas Program Supervisor.
I travel abroad once or twice a year with my students for 6-8 weeks during the program. we went to Jordan, New Zealand and Canada. This year we're planning to go to US (Sacramento).

I want to make new expat friends here so that i can have new or even expanding my knowledge about the people and the culture regarding my work. I'm planning to apply PR in Canada in the next two years and stay in Vancouver.

that's all for now, have a good day all!! cheers!!

hello, what about Kelowna ? good to live but expensive to spend as compare to Calgary?

Hello/Bonjour,

New to Expat and I would like to meet with someone in the Ottawa/Gatineau area who is from one of the African nations that speaks Swahili... I have some basic Swahili and would like to practice with some native speakers and as a return return of your time and engergy, I can teach you one of my seven languages that I have acquired...

Merci / Thank you / Aksanti sana / ?????? / ???

A True Canadian Beaver

Hey,

I don't think anyone really likes talking about themselves, but here we go anyways.

I came across this site while looking or ways to find people who are South African. 

I was born in Cape Town, South Africa, and now live in Toronto, Canada with my parents and siblings.

I am shy so I don't really want to say anything else.

Thank you for reading,

Bye & God Bless

Hey there :)
I'm Awaleno looking for people that have experience in Canada to get working Visa and to find a job if it's possible. I am really ready to have this chance :)

hi there my man i use to live in Canada  iin Montreal but they sent me back coz i they refuse my paper

My name are Nakato Racheal, Ugandans  by nationality, 29 years old. Single.
Key to success, continuously improvement.

hay there how are im adham alsoub i am from Jordan i lived i Montreal for like 5 years i speak english frech arabic i truvled all around Canada Toronto cal gory Vancouver i love working and liveing there but they sent me back cuz my papers is not com pleat i was rfg but im from Jordan so they sent me back i loved it there man but what shall i do they even dont gave me the chance to study  im in Jordan now but i love there  and English and chilling at the weak end you know and making money live life im 30 years old

Hi there, am Nakato Racheal, Ugandans nationality ,28 years old. Live in uganda since child hood. I speak very good English.

Hi Antonio,
My name is Melina and Im considering to move to Canada.
Could you please help me with some advices?
First of all Im Uruguayan and I would like to know if south american people are welcome in Canada.
Also if its too difficult to organize all the necessary document to stay at the country and work there.
Im actually working as a ejective secretary and I was thinking about looking for a similar job there.
Could you please advice me?
Thanks,  :)

Hi  I want to move to canada because my girlfriends family will be moving there. what tips do you have, i want to look for cheap place to rent or board. a room is fine. help ahahha

Am Nakato Racheal,aged 28years old Ugandan by nationality, single. Iam self_motived, have a certificate in Hotel and catering managemen I speak very good english. currently working as a house maid in Egypt. I would like to work in Canada.

Hello every one i am Harrison Dear,Running a recruitment agency.i wish to talk with everyone to upgrade my knowledge and makes good relation with all of you.

Closed