Family life in ghana and good schools plz help???

My husband is getting a job in Ghana...How is family life in ghana and what about the international schools...Any Pakistani famalies in Ghana?????????

I can see that you are in Sweden, so am I! Which school do the children attend there?
There have been many discussions on schools in Ghana on this forum. You can get a lot of information there.
Please check what the Indian community has been discussing so that you donŽt find yourself in a horrible situation.
Good luck!

What do u know about ghana? thanks for responding....have u heard anything bad about ghana....schools in sweden r also ok not up to the international standards..so really cant say much about ghana schools...

Swedish schools are getting worse and worse. Mostly due to the lack of discipline. In Ghana you get what for you pay for. There are really good schools compared to Swedish ones but also the opposite.
To get international standard you have to choose an international school certified to run an international programme. Some schools are run with a British curricular and some with an American. Just because they call themselves international is not enough. (Check the other discussions we have had on schools and you will get the names of the best schools. much better than general Swedish schools.)
My kids have not started school yet in Ghana ( I am married to a Ghanaian) so I canŽt tell from a personal experience. 

Ghana is a great country. What I was referring to was the Nigerian  scams which seems to be aimed at Indians at the moment. Fake companies that are scamming ex-pats. I am not saying that it is the case here but you should be aware of what is going on. Read the discussions posted on this forum by Indian ex-pats and those Indians about to move to Ghana.
You will love Ghana. It is busy but friendly. As far from Sweden as you can get.

Hi

There is Ghana International School (GIS) near Airport.It is good. As far as family life is concern it depends on individual.There are some good places of entertainment now including movies theater SILVER BIRD and ACCRA MALL. I think some pakistani families would be there. Are u pakistani??

Bye

Hi,

I hv come here just two months back. Here what I heard is the education for children is very costly.  If you want I can enquire for you more.  But cost of living is also high.  I don't know where your husband is working but I am from India and came on business and will stay here for a while.

Thank you

VINOD

thank u so much everyone...but now we r moving to nairobi!!!!

Hi,

You made a choice its ok, but comparatively Ghana is nice and secure place, but you cannot make much difference in cost of living.  However wish you all the best.  Keep in touch with this forum.  In this forum you can find all the anwers regarding Ghana if you go through all the entries.

Bye bye

VINOD

My daughters husband recently came to USA to start a new life together. He recently (last several months) has sunk into a depression concerning his inability to land a job here in USA.  My daughter is a registered nurse and 9 months pregnant with one other child of 5 in the home who is the child also of my son in law. He also states that he is a prince but is not entitled to family fortune due to the fact he was born out of wedlock. He is very unhappy about his situation. He closes himself off and does not talk to anybody.  It is like living with a ghost. He states he also had a child in Ghana which he can not send money to because he does not have a job that pays outside the home. My daughter states that she has offered to send money to the child until he gets a job.  His attitude about Christmas presents was mean spirted.  I fear.

Added note my son in law has many degrees.

I presume you wrote this just to help you cope with the frustration you feel regarding the attitude of your son-in-law. It must be difficult for you as you obviously want the best for your daughter. Many Ghanaians see life overseas as the answer to their financial problems and often find when they get there that it isn't. Sounds like things might change if he got a job but that isn't easy anywhere these days.