Is 10500 enough to make a decent living in Doha?

Hi all,
I have just been offered a position in Doha with QAR 10,500 being the take home salary.
1. Is it money enough to live comfortably?
2. Also, my wife as they say will be joining me after my visa and official contract is signed (in Arabic and English). They say family visa takes around 6 months to process. Is there anything else, I should know before moving to this country?

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks.

hey how are you?

10500 can be enough for some people, depending on where your from and what you made back home.. If you use a currency converter xe.com/currencyconverter/  like here you can see how you would stand up to your money back home.

Myself am a western expat from america, and its not very easy to find a place for your family that is in good shape for too cheap.. 7000 and up usually.. but this is standards from usa. now if you are from another country and your living conditions are negotiable then i would say you could find something for around 5000 qar a month.

good luck and make sound choices.. :-)

I guess your right... I did calculate, and in Pakistan I'm somewhat making the same amount, which is good money! QAR 10,500 in PKR means 2,87,000 and that buys me luxury here. However, the sad part is, my country is sadly a drowning economy and things are getting worse by day. I'm now beginning to worry, that this offer would mean cut down on many things in Qatar. Might I add, the reason i'm leaving Pakistan is also that my contract expires in March and targeted the middle-east.

Again, I checked the apartments in other areas of Qatar and the ones asking 3500 seem not that well maintained... and not my kind of lifestyle i.e the one I'm used to here! so with even I rent something around 5000; the remaining seems less? don't you think?

In short, no.

Accommodation is very expensive out here. You will to find a shared apartment/villa without doubt. Forget West Bay, its out of your budget. With the salary on offer you need to much further away, possibly flat share in Barwa Village near Industrial City.

Renting a car varies from 1600 for a beat up old Sunny to 2300 for a Seat Leon or Suzuki Swift hatchback.

Medical must be included in your package as it is not free here.

Half your salary will easily disappear on renting room & car.  If any damage occurs to your car its 1500 QAR excess you must pay and driving is bad here so expect a few knocks to your car. Whatevers left is food and savings, its going to be a struggle but it can be done.