URGENT PLS: Work visa rejected in Oman any reason as to why?

Dear All,
I have just moved to Oman as a petroleum engineer (it is now 3 weeks on the visit visa) in the meantime my employer applied for the visa and today they were told that my work visa rejected!!!
I hold a British passport and have never worked in any GCC countries hence I do not have any record of any kind neither work nor financials in the gulf countries. The only thing is that couple of month ago (Oct 2013) I was offered a job in Dubai free zone but the work visa for that one was also rejected for unknown reasons. I took that as either a mistake or the employer changed mind hence told me I was rejected the visa. This time round I came up with the same issue in Oman while I have already started my job!! Any idea as to what is happening? Have you seen this occurred before? It is now becoming very important for me to know why I am being rejected work visas, how can I find out?
Any help or hint is much appreciated
Thanks

There are many factors behind one's employment visa to be rejected by the Ministry of Manpower. 'No Clearance' for that particular job would have to top the list. Other common reasons could be a mismatch between the stated job description on offer, with the candidate's credentials on delivering against the same. Age could be another major factor. Lately the authorities are very strict about a minimum age requirement. It varies between jobs. But on an average the cutoff age limit is set at 60 years. There could be other reasons too, like for instance the company not meeting its prescribed Omanisation percentage.

It is best for you to hear directly from the PRO of the company (as he would be the only person to have heard of this news first from the authorities), as to the real reason behind why your employment visa got rejected.

Hi, My husband was offered a senior role at the biggest oil company in oman, this was in October 2013, we have heard very little since and are getting increasingly worried about the state of affairs surrounding labour clearance and omanization. We carried out all the necessary paperwork and medicals at substantial cost to us I might add. I would like to add to this that we think omanization is a good thing and the right way forward for the country, I wish we would choose this route in the UK. However, surely the government officials and the employers should work together on this, (which clearly isn't the case) as it is in their interests as a nation both commericially and developmentally long and short term. If there are the right skills available for these roles that can be filled by Omani nationals then why are the companies carrying out big recruitment drives in both Europe, South America and Asia?

Your predicament is even more disconcerting as you are now there and in difficulty, I don't believe that the government and/or employers seem to appreciate or care about the anormity of moving to work half way round the world, having to make the decision to resign from work both employee and spouse (from jobs you cannot just jump back into) and moving children out of schools (away from their friends) is not a decision taken lightly and then to find your employment is not even secure once you are there is frightening.

We are getting no information back from HR just it should be soon, inshallah, doesn't fill me with any confidence.

We are now at the stage where we are considering backing out of the whole affair after putting our families life on hold for 6 months, which is a great shame as we as as a family were very much looking forward to our new life in Oman.

I wish you luck and hope you will keep in touch and let me know how you get on.

Day-by-day things are getting seriously tough for the vast expatriate workforce residing and working here in the Sultanate, with the locals clamouring for their jobs.

Sadly, the Omanis are neither adequately qualified nor are they willing to take on these great numbers of new roles and responsibilities thrust on them by the authorities.

This is the banner headline news published in yesterday's Time of Oman : http://www.timesofoman.com/News/Article-29950.aspx

This should act as an eyeopener for anyone seeking fresh employment opportunities in the Sultanate of Oman.

Hi

What are the possible reasons for work visa being rejected.

MOE Approval is complete

Work permit  is comple and approved

Work Visa is  REJECTED  without reason given.

What could possibly have happened?

Can the school reapply again?

Or do I have to appeal and if so, how do I go about it.

Can another school apply for work visa assuming  I accept another offer?

I need a response ASAP.

Thanks in Advance.

Hello, talk to us we are a licensed consultancy. Inbox me your contact no. and we'll discuss with you options.

Okay. Thanks

As Salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

How are you? Hope this finds you well. I was selected in a job interview and all selection procedures went well. After 2 months wait the company informed me that they were waiting for visa clearances which were untill now not released by the concerned authorities. Could please throw some light on this!

W.salam, bro work permits here in Oman are often referred as visa clearance so your employer was not able to arrange work permit for you. This could be due to several reasons and the actual reason your employer could tell only.