Help - ring lost at Postiguet Beach, Alicante

My wife lost recently (Friday the 14th of February) a ring at Postiguet Beach in Alicante. We tried locating it, but didn't find it. Our plane back home departured also soon, so we ran out of time too. The ring isn't worth much, but is has sentimental value.

If anybody is willing to look for it, finds it and returns it, we can pay a finders fee, e.g. 50 euros after finding it and 100 euro when the ring has been returned. And of course postage costs. We have photos of the area and can pinpoint farely accurately where it can be. Of course someone may have found it already...

I suppose a metal detector is needed. Actually just a day prior we saw someone searching the beach with one. Unfortunately he wasn't there when we needed.

So if anyone is willing to give it a go, please send me a private message and I'll send you a photo of the area and a photo of the ring.

Hi LostRing,

Welcome on board :)

Sorry to read about your ring incident and i invite you to post an advert in the Lost and Found in Alicante section please as it might help :)

Best of luck and fingers crossed you get it back :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Thanks Maximilien, I did that.

Can you (or anybody else) suggest some other forum where I could post the message?

@ LostRing: You can also post your message in french on the francophone forum Alicante .

Thank you, Hasnaa,

unfortunately neither I nor any of our friends speaks French. I could try google's translate, but the results tend to be more like a joke. Or what do you think about it:

"Ma femme a récemment perdu (vendredi 14 Février) un anneau à la plage de Postiguet à Alicante. Nous avons essayé de le localiser, mais nous n'avons pas trouvé. Notre avion pour rentrer chez departured aussi bientôt, alors nous avons manqué de temps aussi. La bague ne vaut pas grand-chose, mais a une valeur sentimentale.

Si quelqu'un est prêt à chercher, trouve et retourne, nous pouvons payer une commission d'intermédiaire, par exemple, € 50 après la trouver et 100 euros en cas de l'anneau a été retourné. Et des coûts d'affranchissement de cours. Nous avons des photos de la région et pouvons précision PinPoint farely où il peut être. Bien sûr, quelqu'un peut avoir déjà trouvé ...

Je suppose un détecteur de métal est nécessaire. En fait, juste un jour avant, nous avons vu quelqu'un qui recherche la plage avec un. Malheureusement, il n'était pas là quand nous avions besoin.

Donc, si quelqu'un est prêt à lui donner un aller, s'il vous plaît envoyez-moi un message privé et je vous enverrai une photo de la zone et une photo de la bague."

Hi LostRing,

I found the google translation in french very good and very easy to understand for french speaking people. So i think that you should create a new topic with this translated message on the Alicante french speaking forum as well. It may increase you chances to find your ring very soon.

Good luck,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Thank you Priscilla! I posted the message there.

I called on Monday to the local police for lost items. They said that they have one ring, but it didn't sound the correct one. We agreed that I send a photo by email so that they can compare. I did send the message, but so far they have not replied. I did a google translation today of the same message to Spanish and resend the email. Hopefully they reply now.

I've also send email to Alicante Tourist office, but they haven't replied either.

I got a reply from the police. It came from another email address than where I had originally send the message. They only replied that this is the airport police, not the Postiguet Beach police. I have no idea why the message was forwarded to them. I replied whether they could send me the correct email address. They replied that I should try internet search "lost objects Alicante". I found Alicante's website and in Spanish a form where you can fill date and search words for lost items. I tried with "anillo" and "joya", but there were no results. Again I send an email to the airport police that if they could kindly send me the correct email address. They replied by sending a link to the same form that I had just used. Again I've send them a request to send me the correct email address and cc'ed it to the original email address. Fingers crossed...

I think your best bet if it's not too late would be to head back to the beach after dark and look for a guy with a detector. In summer at least there are loads of guys scanning the beach before the sand sweeping trucks move in and after watching them for a while they seem to pick up quite a bit of stuff.

It's a long shot and even if they did find it you may never know but surely it's worth a try.

Thanks JB40, but we are not in Spain anymore...

Hello, im Jack i Live in Alicante, i have a Metal Detector, my email is [email protected],
Regards J