Planning to work in Erbil

Hi guys, i have some question about the daily life routine in erbil, in term of working here, going out and finding a house or accommodation, the safety outside, as of now am still in doha, planning to move in erbil, company offer was yearly vacation, About visa is easy to get working visa for Filipino,
Also the cost of living?
Thanks in Advanced

Hi Kabayan,

- Daily life in erbil is as very normal as life in other middle east. You can roam around with security as locals Kurdish are deemed kind and generous individuals. I have been working here for almost 7 months now. A lot of malls in Erbil where you can dined and do shopping as normal.

- 2 Bedroom flat costs 1,100 USD with living/dining area, kitchen and common bathroom.

- Visa is very easy for Filipinos. Prior to come here, company will give you a 3 month visa and convertible to working permit of initially 1 month then permanently to 6 months and renewal every 6 - 12 monthns.

- Medical for residence permit is thru a blood sample only. No Xray...etc...only blood is taken for specific findings required by MNR (Ministry of Natural Resources).

Bes rest assured your safety is in maximum assurance.

Regards,

Bob

Bob, Thanks for giving me the view of erbil,,

Hi Bob,

Have any idea bout security situation in Basra? Please give some info... Thanks

-Alex

Any kabayan from Basra Iraq? Would appreciate your help... thanks

Kabayan as far as i know the security in Basra is relatively safe, i some friends working there and they are treated with maximum security where wearing safety vest is mandatory. You will be living in a highly secured camp.

Hi bob, ask ko lang yung cost of living? Supermarket kung mura lang ba or mahal? Transportation? Internet service? Pasensya na bob sa dami kong tanong. Thanks and GOD bless-xavier

tell me about work and life in erbil,kurdistan???anybody???

hey bob,
ask ko lng brod meron ba bank remitannce telemoney erbil? wifi?osn cable tv kapuso?skype?viber?facebook?unli internet ba or blocked site kurdistan government ? xemxya na madami ??? awaiting on your reply...shukran...

hi, what is the current security situations in Erbil? is it safe now to arrive as war is going on in Iraq? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

mh_ossain wrote:

hi, what is the current security situations in Erbil? is it safe now to arrive as war is going on in Iraq? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Why not ask your govt dept for information. They may have travel advisory information.

Can anyone advise me on the pet situation in Erbil. I am thinking about moving over but want to take my dog with me. I read that this is becoming more common however are there facilities in place to care for the dogs if I leave erbil for a few weeks.

Thanks

Paul

Hi!

How is the present situation there in Erbil?
I have plans of working there but I am not sure about the paper works needed from Philippines.

Thanks!

Karen

Hello Karen,

Security in Erbil is very good, you have nothing to worry at al. Life is very normal where you can have night life, travel alone even at night, very low crime rate, a lot of shopping malls and markets.

As far  as I know newly hired Filipinos are still ban to work in Erbil, unless you came from Dubai as point of entry. This is only what I heard from Filipinos here.

My employer wants to hire directly from Philippines. Do u think our immigration will allow me to go?