Is any Thai people living in Tripoli ?

Hi everyone,

I am originally from Thailand. We are planing to move to Tripoli on this August. It is a new experince for us in Tripoli.If anyone know about Thailand community..Pls share information with me.

Thanks. Nam.

Sawadee kap Khn. Nam.

Lots of Thai people here. My wife being one of them. Let us know when you get here and we'll help you meet up with them. :)

Hello, Thanks lots for very useful information. I feel more secured now if I can meet any Thai people there.

Since there are Thai community living in Tripoli there, I guess there must be some thai shop/ asian shop or restaurant there. Can you recommend me ? Does you wife working or being housewife ?

We are planing to move to Tripoli on this August.

Have a good day Kha.

There are no thai/asian shops that sell the sorts of things I know you'll want, although cans of bamboo and some fairly decent coconut milk are available. The Nam Pla here isn't as good as you'll have in Thailand, but it'll do. You can get Thai Jasmine rice too. What tends to happen is that if one person is going back, they'll bring in supplies that the others need. If you're bringing a container over, I'd suggest you bring over plenty of pastes for the curries and bottles of oyster sauce/nam pla.
There are no thai restaurants. There's an "asian" restaurant at the Corinthia Hotel, which is awful and a couple of chinese restaurants which are passable. But then I'm spoiled, I get superb thai food every day and all my wife's friends are awesome cooks :)
I'll send you a PM.

Sawasdee krub Khun Nam,

I will be posted to the Thai Embassy in Tripoli later this month for a 4 year assignment. I will be willing to help you and your husband settle down when you arrive in August. I will PM you my contact details na krub!