Renting direct from owner website

Hi everyone.

Does anybody know of a good and updated website where one can find properties let directly by owners? I am aware of Malta Park, but it seems like 95% of content goes through letting agencies. I also know that the newspaper Times of Malta can be useful, but unfortunately there are no pictures of the property.

Looking forward to any suggestions  :)

YOU WILL OFTEN FIND PHOTOS OF PROPERTY HERE NEVER OR RARELY INCLUDE AN OUTSIDE SHOT. I think there is an outfit called owners direct.....

Thanks toonarmy. I know ownersdirct, but this is for buying only  :(

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/malta-gozo.htm

maximusm03 wrote:

Thanks toonarmy. I know ownersdirct, but this is for buying only  :(

We rented ours through owners direct, have a good look.

Also see here I can vouch for this person, he has integrity and some here have used him, with good outcomes:

https://www.facebook.com/Quicklets.com.mt?fref=ts

Thanks a lot redmik. But is not ownersdirct for short lets only? Or do I have to plod through it and see if there is anything amongst the short lets that could be rented for a long term as well?

The other link you've just sent, is he an agent?

1. We have ours long let because I asked. I got several to consider for long let from there because I negotiated, from UK by email and then after we stayed for a 6 week trial period. However, I made my intentions known that we were looking for long let.
2. Yes he is an agent but it is his agency. I know him well. I have nothing to gain from recommending him but I do so unreservedly.

1. Thanks. I will have a good look and see if I can find something.

2. We've found our current property through an agent as well and we didn't have any problems at all. I just wondered if I can find something without an agency fee this time. Obviously if we can't, we will go through an agency again and I will consider your suggestion.

Thank you

Local shops and supermarkets all have adverts for private lets. Its also worth  asking in your local bar and then you get an excuse to have a beer or two.  ;)

Terry

Try airbnb.com and search Malta. Many may be only short term, but you may get a long let if you ask.