Hello Kuwait

Still new by expat standards (only 4 months) and here for another 4 months.  Looking to meet people while I'm here.

welcome to kuwait and i would be nice to be a friend

hello Gringo and welcome to Expat.com and to Kuwait! what brings you to this desert oasis? what are your interests, hobbies etc? where do u teach :P?

@Gringo check out some of the activities in Kuwait ... you'll get to meet other expats (possibly from your nationality or even your town too) and you'll get to enjoy an event in the process.

If you wanna know what's up in Kuwait? Please let us know what your interests are so that we can make suggestions.

What brings me here?  Well, I got my TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) late in the summer after the main hiring season for teachers.  I took a mid-year opening at the International Creativity Academy (ICA) teaching third grade, even though I am more of a high school teacher.  I'm doing pretty good (good enough to get a contract renewal offer, that I declined so that I could pursue that high school post) as an elementary school teacher.

I like reading, writing, movies ... really all things that tell a good story, but I also like to experience life first hand without filters.  I walk most places in Salmiya, and have even been known to walk back from Hawalli.  I enjoy conversation over coffee or an ethnic meal or (wishing) a cold micro brew. 

I enjoy dancing (and am pretty good for a white boy) and hope to make the time to learn salsa, swing, tango, and about any other partner dance after I've found a willing partner.

Check out this thread Activity group (Basketball, scuba, running, cafe's)

There is a mention of a Salsa class or something like that ... check out other activities you'll find some interesting stuff there too.

There is a Tango workshop starting today. Check out this link.

Or suggest what you would like to do, you'll find people to join :)