Hi there!

is it really hard to apply (whatever work you choose) in turkey especially when you're not a turkish citizen? i really want to work in turkey and as of right now I'm planning to apply to some of turk's hotel.. need someone to help me bout that....  thanks! :)

Honest answer....yes!

Because you're not a Turkish citizen you require a residence and work permits to work in Turkey. There are people like most places in the world that work illegally (on student visas or no visa at all) but.....

The one problem you have finding work at a hotel is, what makes you so special and unique that hotels can't find anyone like that you locally. If you can prove your asset then that's great but a lot of the time hotels are not willing to help you with the paperwork or wait for it to completed. They can find somebody locally who doesn't need any permits.

Knowing Turkish and English will help you a lot. I can give you some good Turkish job websites if you want to look.

Any other questions I'll be happy to help you.

Good luck and hope you make it here!

David

thanks for the reply... can you please send me some of the websites so i can look at it. i was planning to go in turkey this coming june or july... although i knew it's hard to find a job in turkey especially if you're not a turkish citizen, but still i'm willing to take the chances if i got one.... :) hope you can help me..... thanks! :)

:) hi jessica , im meliz from istanbul, if you want to work here the first thing you do is to apply legally in turkish embassy manila, you can apply as tourist or working permit.many filipinos  are trying to come here but not all  are lucky to get visa , this is based in my own experienced.but i wish you are the lucky one to come here :gloria
some filipino they are working in a hotel mostly they are kimlik holder and have knowledge in turkish language.i know some of them.  :)
anyway, goodluck for your new journey  :)  once you already here dont hesitate to contact me .

The three I used are called.....

yenibiris.com (a new job.com)
kariyer.net (career .net)
secretcv.com

The first two are in Turkish but Secret CV does have an English setting. I found kariyer.net to be the best.

Good luck in your search.

thanks for the msg meliz, :proud  yeah i hope i can find luck there in turkey... my first plan was to get a tourist visa, although i knew it would be very complicated if i'd decided to work there.. i knew it'll be hard to find o job there cause like our country, turkey has a high unemployment level but i do hope   i can still be lucky finding a work there... so by the way, how are you? may i know what is your work in istanbul? i can say you're so lucky to be there.... and to be working in turkey... i'm feeling nervous at the moment about my so called plan, you know.. but i knew i have to do this... and i'm running out of reasons why.... :)  and i will surely contact you if i got my luck to be there :) , you take care of yourself always meliz.... and thank you so much, you don't know how your msg means to me... tc! :)

Hello Meliz,

I was just reading your post and I was trying to find information about working in Turkey.
I am Lebanese so I do not need a visit visa, but I do not know how restrictive the work permit is in Istanbul for Lebanese.

Would appreciate the advice! :D