Teaching salary and benefits with ADVETI

Hey thanks for ur response.... I'm a cluster teacher.. teaching Esl and a teacher trainer. Where are u based? Can u inbox  me plzzz

So am I!! We must talk....check your inbox.

Hey guys,

I was offered a position with adveti back in April, initial offer.  However I am still waiting for my final contract and keep being told that checks are still being done.
Has anyone else had this issue? Originally the job start was for August but slightly concerned this won't happen now.
Any advice or other peoples experience appreciated.

Hey there. Yes there are a few of us who have had delays. I had my interview in December last year and only got my final contract in May. I know of a teacher traveling in August who recieved her final contract today. Hang in there. Just nag them a little. Say you need to make arrangements etc. Good luck x

Im a Math teacher with ADVETI.  I have 2 children and a husband here, as well.  I am an american and this is my first AND my last year with this company.  Think long and hard about coming here for ADVETI.  There are other options if you want the UAE. I promise you that you will absolutely hate this place and that you will be screwed out of money, dignity and your mental health.  My husband worked for a while and then, after he got the warehouse set up and running properly, they replaced him with another nationality worker who did the job for 1/3 of the salary.  They do not care about your family. They do not care about your time. They will kick you out of the hotel with no place to go and no assistance on your family's visas and no assistance on housing - in tears- no money...and tell you to be at work the next day just to sit and do nothing.

DON'T TAKE THIS JOB!

Hey AdinaSmith... are you talking about Adveti or the Warehouse.? Where are u based in the UAE ? U sound very depressed... are u ok?

I don't know what you mean by "warehouse".  I am in Abu Dhabi and I am not depressed at all. I am very happy since putting in my resignation.  But I (along with everyone else I know here) wish that someone had told us how it really was before we gave up so much to come here. the system is set up to where you will never make the money  you think you will make. i had to take a  $15k loan out in the US to pay off debts here. Everyone is in a financial bind.

Am happy that ur happy. Can you expand a little more on ur experience with Adveti? Abu Dhabi is an expensive place.

Hmm

Hi There

How are u? I am starting with Adveti in august 2015. Would be good to have some friends before I go there.... Hows your paperwork and procedure going?

Hi Babzi

I am still waiting for my final contract from ADVETI. Yes it will be great to have some friends out there. I was told that I will be starting in August but I really don't know. Anyway where was your interview

People need to give a little more details on their negative experiences so we who are yet to move there can make executive decisions accordingly. It is imperative that you outline the negatives and positives.

On paper it looks like a no brainer with housing, children's education allowance etc. Weighing up the financials it seems positive. Do you beg to differ?

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

I agree with you, on paper it looks good but I guess you learn more from people who've been there and done it especially when the views are balanced.

Good news guys. Just got my contract today. Will be based in Sharjah. Best of luck to colleagues still waiting. Please get in touch if you are already in Sharjah and would like to network.

That's great news Haynid! What's the accommodation allowance they offered you in Sharjah?, do you think it is enough? I'm still waiting...

Hi Addy. Thank you. It's the same rate for families because I am taking my family with me.

Good luck

Haynid

What will you be teaching?

English

Hi guys ive just had ny interview with ADVETI for an english teacher position. It started off well...they asked us to sit down and read through the test sheet and to complete it in our own time. There were 5 questions asked: rank in importance : methods, discipline, evaluation and planning and explain your reasons. Q2) describe the most effective approach used in your classroom (bit vague - didnt really understand what they meant by approach) but try to include words like student centered, less teacher talking time, activities, kinesthetic etc...q3) describe a time when tou have helped or supported tour colleagues with the following: lesson planning, peer observation, the use of technology. Q4) what is your knowledge on the different types of assessment used in the classroom...inclue formative, summative and esl specific techniques and give examples of how youve used them. And q5 asks: what benefits, if any, does technology have in an english language classroom?

It took me about an hour to complete...some people had arrived way before me and were still there when i left so i dont know how much they expect us to write. The interview panel consisted  of the director of adveti, a lady (who was asking all the questions) and a man who seemed to be admin only. Did i mention that my interview lasted only for a maximum of 7 minutes. The director had no questions to ask and i was constantly interrupted when answering questions by other questions!!! My answers were responded with 'ok' and they didnt even ask if i had any questions for them. It seemed as though they weren't looking for something specific and had the same questions to ask everybody as everyone was in and out of there so quickly. My last point to mention was that there was a man invigilating the tests who was going around asking the candidates if they 'dont mind' mid test to go and interview next door then come back and complete the test.  All in all, i think it was the least formal and professional interview ive attended in my life but hey maybe thats how they do things!
I posted this because i came across this website trying to find some answers about what the written test is like but i couldnt find anything, so i hope this helps somebody!!

Hi thanks for this. TRUST ME...This is the procedure for interviews with ADVETI ... They interview a lot of candidates..hence always seem to be in a hurry. My interview lasted about 15 minutes but only because they ended up interviewing me for 2 different positions. I saw a girl come out of her interview after 3 minutes and she assumed that because they cut her short, she wouldn't get the job...However she did... good luck x

Im interested in working for ADVEtI as an English Instructor I have a BA in Political Science, a CELTA and 12 years of working experience in Thailand and Kuwait.  Do you think this is enough to garner an interview?  I tried applying but haven't heard anything back as of yet.  Any information will help, Thanks.

Hi southlondonfinest,

Yes that should be enough  for an interview at least. Contact an agency called teachaway...ive been speaking with them and got the interview with adveti through them. Good luck!

?Yep thats right.......Sarsoora when are u thinking of going out?

Hey Sarsoora,

I was turned down by teachaway, one of the recruiters liked my CV but said they are looking for degrees in English/Linguistics this year is that true?

Hi babzi,
I am looking to relocate asap really. Next month i hope. What about u?

Southlondonfinest,
Well i think there is alot of miscommunication at adveti. I have a ba in business and got accepted for an interview. Having said that when i applied for tge same position through another agency they said i dont have enough high school experience...but they are a technical and vocational college? So not too sure about the consistency levels with them

Hi All,
I just got an initial offer from Adveti, But there was no mention of where I will be located or the start date.
I have alot of commitments here and dont know what to expect.
Does anyone know start date

You have to wait for your final contract. Your location will be on there and you can state your preferred start date WHEN the contract comes through. Don't do anything until you get that contract!

Hi ummMikhail,
Does that mean it will take long time, I thought it might be in September.

I waited 4 months from initial contract to final. April interviewees are still waiting on their final contracts. I do think you may have to wait a while. However they are mobilising people out in August, so you never know. Just don't hand in your resignation or do anything too con cluster until then. There is a Facebook group you can join...ADVETI 2014-2015 hopefulls, there are lots of people in your situation on there. Check it out!

what will you be teaching oneway

The position I was offered is Mechanical Engineering teacher. I'm hoping that the process wont take long time.
I dont like waiting :(

One way..They only mobilise people twice a year. However a few went out in april too. But usually it's August or Jan

Hello
My Husband might relocated in August,but i am not sure now after i read some of the comments ,as some people had a a bad experience with them,also they ask us to live in AD emirate ,we were planing before to live in Dubai although his work will be in al ain but they mentioned that its in AD law to live in AD area. is that right? (wasn't mentioned in the initial offer)!!

Anyone working for ADVETI and live in al ghadeer village near Dubai?or in al Ain can you share your experience? as i am looking for houses in al ain ,but its v disappointing.

Also did they help with the first payment for the rent, gave money in advance?
Does the bank gave loans  directly when you open  a salary account ?as most of the apartments ask for rent in 2 or 4 payments?
What about the IELTS and IC3  certifications ,any advice?

please give me  advice :(

I've just been offer a salary of 12000AHD and 8000 accommodation allowance. In my mind this is terrible - the kind of offer for someone with a CELTA, not a Masters, It also appears to be the lowest salary they could have offered me, I'm actually quite appalled.

Does anyone have information on the MOE teacher trainer program.  I am a math teacher who has been offered a position seems a little vague at the moment.  Any information or insight will be greatly appreciated, as I am mulling whether or not to accept their offer.

pls i want to know more about that exam nature for EFL teachers,

thank you so much for the help...can you tell me more about the panel questions for you?

Anyone got the final offer in august. I have signed my initial offer on 2nd of July still waiting for final offer.

@Oneway 164

Did you receive your offer yet ? if yes where is the location?

Not yet still waiting. How about u ? did you got the offer ?