Finishing school in Tartu?

So, I've looked around on websites and such. I'd LOVE to finish my degree in Human Services, but I can't seem to find any info about actually being able to do it. I've also not been able to find information about a Psychology degree or anything similar. Can anyone help me with that?

Hello again,

Maybe I can help you more. Tartu is where I live and this is a field I can help with.
There is a few options in Estonia for English-Language studies. But in my experience, having been a student at the University of Tartu before, transferring credits is not something easily done from the US to Estonia. That is, unless you are part of an exchange student program. Based on what I understand, is you would like to finish studies you've completed state-side in Europe.

I'm not saying this is impossible, but I am saying that it is heavily unlikely. The reason for this is there is no standardization of curriculum between the US and European Universities, Estonia included, and secondly there is also a limitation of subject matter that can be applicable and transfer-able internationally between two universities even if they are part of a similar program.

Do keep in mind, if you want to study in Estonia, this is by all means a certain possibility. You as an American citizen can be able to obtain a tuition free spot in an Estonian university for a program taught in English.

As for tartu, here is a list of available bachelor degrees in English and some information about tuition free spots. But, now is a preferred time to begin the application processes for starting in September.

University of Tartu - Bachelor programs taught in English
https://www.ut.ee/en/admissions

Estonian University fo Life Sciences
https://www.emu.ee/en/

Tartu Art College
http://www.artcol.ee/en/about-tac

These degree fields are certainly offered, but they are offered in Estonian. You can come to Estonia and actually get a degree in Estonian language or Business, and as my personal advice would justify, these are the best options to utilize if you wish to live here long term. They will benefit you the most in the end. If you obtain a degree in Estonian language and/or business, your English skills and Estonian skills combined with your job experience will land you the job you would want.

Thank you very much. I'm working on learning Estonian, but it's very difficult studying on my own. Of course, michigan (where I live now) doesn't have any classes like that. I wasn't expecting to find tuition free classes, so that makes me happy. I'm working on getting everything taken care of to move, but I have a feeling that it won't be as soon as September, unfortunately. I appreciate the information, though. it'll help me out a great deal, especially knowing that I'll have to start over with my degree again. Maybe i can find something else I like to do. lol

Ja,

Eesti Keel on raske keel. Ma lõpetasin 1 kursus, 3 aastat tagasi, ja ma ei tea ikka kuidas rääkida õige.
Küsi sinu sõber oppida teile. Need on nii palju Eestlased et räägivad inglise keel siin. Kui sa tulla Eestisse, on kergem kui sa räägid inglise keelt kunagi, aga see on väga hea asja oska Eesti keel kui sa elad siin.

Kiri mind kui teil on rohkem kusimusid. :) Cheers!

Hi cjacobs86,

Post in English only on the Anglophone section of the Estonia forum, for members to read and participate on the topic. Thank you! :)

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Umm. I don't read or understand Estonian very well. Sorry! lol

@ gothichck52
     you can try to learn Estonian using the internet(searching for Estonian language courses  like those on "livemocha.com") and practicing it with estonian friends on Skype or whatever ;)

It's perfectly okay,

I was basically just saying that Estonian is a hard language, and that although i finished 1 class 3 years ago, I still don't know how to speak correctly. You can ask your friend to teach you some, but there are so many estonians that speak english here, that if you come to Estonia, sometimes it is more easy to get by with English. However, if you can speak estonian when you live here it is a good thing. :)

Thanks for nice hint. I will try.
with regards
Dittmar