Negotiating with one of the big 4 (Saudi Arabia)

Hello,

I am an expat born and raised in Saudi Arabia and I am now considering a career in the field of auditing. I applied to one of the big 4 and the initial response was positive. My questions is on the position that I should start with and  negotiation power I have.

I have no work experience but I am SOCPA qualified (local Saudi CPA) and two papers away to be ACCA affiliate. I am also fluent in Arabic.

What should my expectations be in terms of position, salary and benefits?

Any advice

Hi Aziz084,

Welcome to Expat.com.

I suggest you to browse through the different discussions on the Saudi Arabia forum which might provide you with some useful information.

Best of luck,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Thank you Hasnaa

Aziz084 wrote:

Hello,

I am an expat born and raised in Saudi Arabia and I am now considering a career in the field of auditing. I applied to one of the big 4 and the initial response was positive. My questions is on the position that I should start with and  negotiation power I have.

I have no work experience but I am SOCPA qualified (local Saudi CPA) and two papers away to be ACCA affiliate. I am also fluent in Arabic.

Any advice

An old friend of mine joined KPMG, fresh out of ACCA, he had an  initial 5-6k package (SAR) .

i think you should join if you are offered a position in the big 4. Regardless of salary, nothing beats having experience to show at the big 4 :)

Thank you Saqip :)

Aziz084 wrote:

Hello,

Any advice

Dear Sir,

I am also an dependent under my father's iqama. While transferring to Big 4 from my father's iqama, SOCPA membership is a requirement to change profession? Sir, can you please share your experience regarding iqama transfer to Big 4, and the requirement to change profession such as SOCPA or attestation of ACCA Certificate necessary for profession change?

Have you given exams for SOCPA or gained membership based upon ACCA Certificate? Please help me with this  regard, as I am also expecting a job from a Big 4. with no attestation of degree or ACCA.

Please help !!!

@ rafi5210 > Just to inform you that this thread is quite old (2014).
Feel free to participate on more recent ones.

Regards,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers: