Monthly Car Rentals in Jeddah

I'm new in Jeddah and need a car for monthly hire ... does anyone know the usual monthly rates here? ... and can anyone recommend a car rental company for me to explore possibilities?

Thanking in anticipation

Monthly car rental can start from 100 for a Hyundai or Kia 2012 and up ( a 2013 Lexus can be 2500 SAR ) and that's all per day. I can recommend the one I used to deal with ( alrkayeb) in al madina road just after quraish intersection if you are hiting south.

Thank you ... will definitely visit them

Monthly rates are less than daily rates.

And anyway six9four, you posted rates in the other thread at the same time as you made this one...?

yes, because those options are a little expensive for me

I see, but I doubt you can find anything significantly cheaper than those rates, not at least for the same cars anyway.  Perhaps at the most SR. 100 less, but 100 is nothing if you are already paying about 2,000.  Maybe if you find a place with Chinese cars?  Good luck!

We currently rent from Key and their prices were lower than others. Previously we rented from Hertz. We have ranged from 3,000-5,000 SARs a month and usually only have a basic 4 door car. Though since we will be here for awhile we are looking at buying a used car as it is cheaper in the long run.

You are right, it is cheaper to have your own car, just please do the proper examination for the car, as Saudis abuse their cars to the max.

U can find lots of car rental companies all over the kingdom. The rental charge will depend on the model/make of a car. U may google those company websites for details. Few leading comapnies like  Key rent a Car, Hanco, Best, Bin Hadi, Budget, Avis are in Jeddah. They have many branches spread all over jeddah. U may visit them personally or find the contact nos. from website.
Good luck

My advice would be to also speak to someone in Benefits division of your company (if your organization is relatively large).  I found out the the company I work with was a Gold member at budget so I was able to make significant saving there, 2,500 for a 2013 Toyota (with 5k km on the clock).

You can also try other smaller car rental places, but I would try to take a native arab speaker with you to get a better rate. Like most places in KSA if you speak English the price tends to rise!