When visiting philipinnes ( expat canadian ) do u need a return ticket

Hello I would like to visit the philipinnes and wonder what is the best visa , along with coming without having a return ticket  ....I don't know how long I  will be here so is there a visa i could AQUIRE that would allow me to stay longer than the 3 week tourist one ,that could give me more time  thanks for any commonsense wisdom !!

Most (if not all) airlines will not let you board unless you have an onward ticket. Buy a cheap throwaway ticket to HK or somewhere. You can apply for extension of Visa at the arrivals.

Wimbleton wrote:

Hello I would like to visit the philipinnes and wonder what is the best visa , along with coming without having a return ticket  ....I don't know how long I  will be here so is there a visa i could AQUIRE that would allow me to stay longer than the 3 week tourist one ,that could give me more time  thanks for any commonsense wisdom !!

You are living in Indonesia,May I ask what the ladies are like ie Gorgeous?.

Thank you any idea how long u get extra to extend when you arrive?

Wimbleton wrote:

I think youwill need a return ticket,Long stay visitor  yhttp://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php … sion-lsvveou ,Take a look at this.Cheers Joe.

I believe initial tourist visa gets you in for 21 days and then you can extend up to 38 days.  Check with your PI embassy where ever you are.

Hi Wimbleton, if you are holding Canadian passport i think you can stay 30days in the Philippines no visa required, first
may i know your nationality?

Thanks

Yes I have a Canadian passport

most nationalities now get 30 day visa waiver on arrival ,so you extend for 29 days  ,if stay longer then extend by another 59 days

You need to have a return ticket. If possible get yourself a multi-entry visa from the Philippine Embassy/Consulate which will entitle you to stay for up to 59 days at a time. You will need to have an itinerary that shows you will be leaving on or before the 59th day. I've read that you can apply for the same visa on arrival in Manila but I don't have experience with that.

When do you plan on going and where do you plan on visiting?

Corum wrote:

You need to have a return ticket. If possible get yourself a multi-entry visa from the Philippine Embassy/Consulate which will entitle you to stay for up to 59 days at a time. You will need to have an itinerary that shows you will be leaving on or before the 59th day. I've read that you can apply for the same visa on arrival in Manila but I don't have experience with that.

When do you plan on going and where do you plan on visiting?

no u dont need to have a return ticket    -an onward ticket  is required   -can be to any country   .

Hi. I may be able to assist u with ur topic. I have good contacts in immigration, that could help u max ur stay. I have help few of my investors with the same issue.

Wimbleton wrote:

SRRV / SIRV visa allows you to stay indefinately with multiple entry / exit previlege against a visa deposit amount and payment of fees .....for details u may refer to Phillipine Retirement Authority website ..........hope this was useful.....caution is the watchword if u r in Philippines......even if online only....

Now you can visit the Phills without a visa if you have a European passport, for 30 days. Which you can extend at the immigration quite easily 7 days before expiration of your allowed visit as a tourist. But this "grace " of 30 days will be included in the extension however.Clever to screw you heh ? ie . if you apply for 60days ext, then you will be left with actually 30 days extra and NOT further 60 days. you also will be paying for extra hidden charges ,mind you. More fun in the Philippines. good luck !!!

why would you apply for a 60 day ext  when you know the ext only brings you up to 59 days   and thats what ur paying for   or just apply the 59 day visa before you go

iTS NOT AS SIMPLE AS YOU THINK and try to understand what i have said. Its best to get 59 day visa from your country of  origin (as you are only allowed to stay no more than 30 days as a visitor without one). If you havent got the visa and if you want to extend,  then you cannot,for more than further (2 mnths) 60 days on each application there after.    From which, The ORIGINAL 30 days (which you have already spent) will be deducted automatically. hence you will be paying for further extended 30 more days and NOT the 60 days. In other words, you will be paying for the whole lot from the day you have landed here. GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND.Its more fun in the Philippines

yes i understood what you said  ,so it is quite clear when you apply   that you will only be getting   29 day ext    -so there isnt anyone trying to screw you  -thats how it works there   .

I believe, an "extension" means stretching from the last point of expiry of the 30 initial days of free entry visa allowed without having to pay for it. I also feel, its unjust when its "guzzemped " and included in the extension.for further EXTENSION of 59 days and having to pay for the whole lot. Hence you would then just be left  with  further 30 days only. Having to renew it again after a month  for the next 59 days? However, if you feel comfortable with that ,then its OK!  yes ! you are required to have , a return or "on going" ticket as well as  your valid passport with at least 6 months clear of your departure date before its expiry  if you intent to stay for a short term . If you dont, then they will refuse the extension.My Best wishes. Muna

there is a law in putting up a business and the foreign investor need not to worry his stay in phils. as long as you keep your investment and the business is registered under this govt agency, for quite a good number of years.

hi iam canadian who will get a 59 day tourist visa before i leave canada, i would like to stay in philippines 8 or 9 months
does anyone have experience doing this i hear there is a 6month visa once your their,also what date does onward bound flight have to be befor 59days or before 9 months....thanks  Ron

I am a Canadian and its quite simple when your tourist visa is close to expiring head to the nearest immigration office near you  and extend easily . however i cant confirm whether  you will get a two month or it will be 1 month in your case . In my case i came here on a typical 30 day visa ( use to be 21 days only) and close to finishing this went to the nearest immigration  centre and i was allowed the first 30 days the first time . Next when that was almost finished , i was given a two month extension which gave me an opportunity to apply for an ACR ALIEN CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION  CARD ( which basically  is your ID CARD HERE IN the Philipinnes ) and also allows you to open a savings acct in any bank , which many require . There are exceptions , however most advise BPI BANK  generally so this one requires the card . ..... you may keep extending for a couple of months indefinitely for 18 months i believe  , and then you need to exit and can start all over again if you have not found another type of visa that fits your  preference .... Regard Wimbledon.  Ps make sure if you have US dollars they are in perfect condition and in 100 denominations for best rate     If anyone knows where is the best rate to obtain pesos at best rate jump in ! In my experience western union some times has special exchange rate wich is good but its not a regular thing !

opening up a business or marrying a filipino citz would be a less hassle way . :D

will marry but not for awhile,iam retired,still not sure about what date i need onbound flight for

thanks for info just need to find out about what date onbound flight has to be? are you in the philippines now

your inbound flight should be on your day 1 of your visa. yes, i am in the philippines. cebu in particular.

sorry for the confusion i mean onward ticket or return flight example i leave canada in june an return in april an i have a 59 day visa an 1 week before 59 days are up apply for 6 month visa or extension but just not sure if my return tick is dated for april 2015 if they accept that when applying for 59 day visa