Children's clothes

On another thread Shahab wrote:
i would appreciate some new questions to be answered rather than the same ones

so I am here to oblige!

Just wanting some input on whether I should stock up on kid's clothes before we leave Australia. It's actually winter clothes that I'm wondering about because we live in the tropics and my boys don't own any winter clothes - shorts and t-shirts are fine all year round here.
We'll probably be arriving around Nov/Dec so I'm assuming it will be getting a little chilly by then. So, should I take advantage of the winter sales that will be on here over the next couple of months and stock up, or should I buy what they need once we get there? Are good quality clothes readily available at reasonable prices?
Also, what will they need? Will a couple of jackets/sweaters and some jeans/tracksuits be enough or does it get cold enough to need really heavy clothing?

Don't buy in Oz, children's clothing even on sale are too expensive there.  Costs in Middle East are much lower for equivalent quality. 

The last two winters have been very mild and my boys have got by with long sleeve t-shirts, long pants & a couple of light weight jumpers each. 

My experience so far has been winter in Riyadh equivalent to Oct/Nov in Melbourne.  We went to Hobart for a week in mid January and froze, the temps were so much colder than we were experience here at the time.

If your in Jubail you may need to go to Bahrain or Riyadh to have access wide range kids clothes, but I think you'll be pleasantly surprised to see what you can buy at what price point.

Hi,
I think you dont have to take alot of clothes with you if you will come to Riyadh you will find all thay you want in a very low price I  was living there for 5 years  it is very wonderful city if you have your family with you you can go to malls to make shoping the only thing is boring if you were single (male/female)you cant go alone it is better that you well toghether .for the weather in Riyadh it is very hot all the year round except for December/january/ half february

I wish you a happy trip.

Janric, there are a plethora of shops devoted to children's clothing.  You can find quality clothes are reasonable prices at any one of a number of chain stores. There are in malls and in stand-alone big box stores.

Don't overdo it.  Bring some of their favorite things...flesh out the wardrobe after you get here, even the jackets, coats and "winter" apparel.

Good luck in your preparations, hope you enjoy your adventure.

Riyadh is the largest place in whole Kingdom full of makets. You can choose what ever you want from different styles.

All the best

Thanks for the info!

If we don't have to bring winter clothes we can use the space saved in our baggage allowance for other things (more important things - like xbox games ;))... and look forward to shopping in Riyadh :)

Thanks for the info - but give me another 30years and I will be able to go back into the Diaper and bib.

lol! I really should've used the word chill here! Saudi is like the hottest country on earth, but in the winter, it's really cold here. The winter won't come till 2 or 3 months from now. So, CHILL! :D

Ramon,

Softwaretailor - I think this is your second post of the same advert - thanks we read it the first time. Not again please.

sparrow, I just reported him for advertising.

Hi, re the baggage limits. We had same problem but found a lot of UK companies online offer delivery to the Gulf and they have some great deals.

Knowing the best one is difficult as the big names are not always best.

Ramon1990 wrote:

lol! I really should've used the word chill here! Saudi is like the hottest country on earth, but in the winter, it's really cold here. The winter won't come till 2 or 3 months from now. So, CHILL! :D

Ramon,

For Ozzies and Brits believe me winter in Riyadh is like a pleasant spring or autumn day, it's not cold by any stretch of the imagination.

My little one really hasn't got any winter clothes and he certainly has no jackets. A fleece or joggers is fine for the few weeks of the year he might need them, bring old favourites but don't stock up on anything in Oz before you come, there's everything here from supermarket to Gap levels.

I've had three winters here.  This last one was the coldest.  I believe I wore a hoodie a few times :)

We just bought some gifts for Eid from Base Fashions in London. Arrived bang on time and had a phonecall to sya they had to source an item from stores and it would be delayed. Complete oreder arrived in 4 days! amazing.

Have you dealt with site supermehero.com? Going to but bag for my child, but I am not sure, if I can trust websited. ANy opinions?