Shipping goods to Malta from UK

We are just moving to Malta and I am in the process of pricing up shipping and containers to move our belongings to Malta. Can anyone recommend anyone and give me some idea on the best and cheapest way of doing this? Do I have to pay tax if I bring any new furniture in for my use at the same time?

We used UTS through 'Abels'; excellent but more expensive than some yet one gets what one pays for.
Also, we did not pay any tax on anything, moving from one EU country to another.
May I suggest you identify 3 -5 removal companies in UK, arrange interviews (in your home) with an agent then identify that which suits you best. Remember, you will be their employer! Ask them as many questions as you need to.
That is what we did. In particular ask about services provided on Malta, to what standard those services are provided and how those standards are ensured.
If you pm me, (with email address) I will send you a copy of their Relocation Guide. Even if you do not use them it may provide some information that you may find useful.

One thing to check on at the Malta end is that the Maltese importer does not try to charge you for his service.
We imported an item from the UK and the UK agent said it was all inclusive.
When we picked up the item from the Hal Far warehouse the Maltese agent charged us a fee.
It took  a few weeks to get this back from the Maltese agent who had already been paid by the UK shipping agent!

Terry

Many thanks. I will do that. Marisa

All of our stuff arrived yesterday and only took 3 weeks. We used GBS Removals who were very good and I would highly recommend them.

Ken

thank you Ken. I will contact them.
marisa