Where to learn Danish for expat

I have arrived here last month and would appreciate if anyone can provide me the information on where I can learn danish. thank you very much in advance.

@ jemmyyeo: It might be a good idea if you post an advert in the section language classes in Copenhagen :)

@jemmyyeo. If you arrived in denmark as a worker and have a CPR number. You should be able to have access to free danish classes for 3 years for free. All information you require can be found on this site : http://dedanskesprogcentre.dk/english.html

Hope this helps.

Hi Jean-Francois, thank you very much for the information. :-)

hi

MEMRISE - I haven't tried, but heard its a very good website for learning some basics......check it out.

Very Good One, Thanks Danishhopeful.

Hello - if you are spanish - we can Exchange language lessons I teach you Danish and you teach med spanish??

I am 62 yrs - I am learning spanish by LOF. I live in the coepenhagen area.

If interested contact me.
Leif

Hi Leif,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

The section language exchange in Copenhagen is at your disposal. Please do not hesitate to post an advert in that section.

Have a nice day,

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

there are also some good courses at copenhagen university. they are usually in the evening, but i took these when i was still a student and just attended the university for a couple of month. but may be its worth to check it out? :)

Hi Leif:
I am Spanish, Latinoamerican. Home is Canada but living in Santiago,Chile for now.
I would love to exchange languages, maybe skype, planning a future trip to DK soon.
Let me know, by the way I'm fifty four, but willing to learn at my ol' age.
Cheers,
Jenny.

Hello Jenny,

Thank you for your mail  - Ithink we should try.over skyve an see if it can function. And I will have a look to see how to teach you you Danish which kind of study material is available. Have you found some teaching material on the internet yourself? Have you started?

I think Chile ist 6 hours behind Denmark so if we arrange to meet at 16.00 (4 pm) hours Danish time - your time will be
10.00 (10 AM)

I have my own litle Company (accounting) and I will be verflexible. - What time would you prefer to have a Skype meeting?

Looking forward to hear from you Again.
Leif

Hello Leif:
Thank you for your prompt reply. Skype would work.
I am looking for conversational Danish, and no, I don't have any study material.
I just know very few words..

Like you I am also very flexible with my schedule.
There is only four hours difference Chile/Denmark, 12:00 my time, 16:00 yours.
Shall we give it a try @ this time? or 14:00 my time?

My address [email protected]
Hope to hear back from you,
J.

Congratulations Danmark is a wonderful country. There is a wonderful website that will dramatically help with your learning the Dansk language.  It is call Memrise (memrise.com) and it is free. The format is presented in a game style manner, which makes the learning process much more enjoyable. It will amaze you how quickly you will advance in your verbal/written skills. Good luck, and let me know how you like it. Jo

hi jowitney, !!! thank you so much for the info you gave me about the website called memrise.com. i am so fascinated on how it works. Learning danish made it so much fun and easy. it worked for me.Kinda get addicted to it now actually. I owe you big time!!! thanks a lot

Hi Jo, Tks. for the tip.
Now, I am ready to be amazed....
Latina Girl

You are more than welcome. Let me know how you are doing & a little about your new life in Danmark. Didn't read the agreements fully but my E-mail is [email protected]. If i'm breaking any regs I apologize.

It is as you notice an addicting, fun way to learn. Don't forget that one can also create a course, so maybe you'll do so,. Let me know if you do.

Jo

Hi Leif:
When will you be ready to start?
Cheers,
J.

Danish language course is free,all you need is to contact your kommune they will contact the sprogskole on your behalf.
As far as you have your CPR number you are entitle to it.
All depends on you Either you would like to take your course in the evening or morning.