Job-seeker for Norway

Hi All!

I would like to find work in Norway, in Oslo particularly. My sister is a permanent resident there, and I would like to join her and her family, but will need to find employment.

I currently have much experience in Recruitment, and have a background in Psychology.

I would appreciate any feedback you have for me.

Many thanks,

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

The Jobs in Oslo section is at your disposal and you may drop your CV there in order to raise your chances in finding a good job. ;)

Wish you all the best ! :)

Priscilla
Expat.com team

If your sister is a resident then she can provide you with the right information.
Or at least some helpful links to gather the information you need.

mylittlenorway.com/2009/10/how-to-get-a-job-in-norway/ Is the most accurate info on finding work in norway
Since coming to norway i have heard of people handing out over 300 CVŽS without getting one call back.
Language is the only real way to get a job in norway so be prepaired to learn Norwegian. LV 3 is enough to work in a Norwegian business each course costing around 6000kr you need to be prepared.
Alot of people i have met have returned to their country because the job hunt has been hard for them so a lot of determination is needed. Its also not uncommon for there to be no jobs in the area you move to as the population is low and people are quite content with work in Norway (Good money)

Hope this helps i know how it felt panicing over work. Just stick to it learn as much language as you can and try to make as many friends as you can (Norwegains are more friendly then they come accross)