Applying from Aufenthaltstitel to bluecard

Hello Everyone,

I have a legal question I hope someone can help me with
I've been here in Germany now for about 28 months, my current residence is "Aufenhaltstitel" which is initially valid for 3 years
I want to apply for a permanent residence which in my case needs 60 months as far as I know.

I'm already applicable for Blue card which enables me to have a PR within 22 month (with B2 German level) or 33 months without .. also as far as I know :)
The question now, can i convert this residence to blue card then apply for PR? some people say time spent in Germany counts as long as you pay social insurance and some ppl say it is not possible. But I didn't meet any who had a personal experience with such a case. So I'm a bit confused

If this is possible, does anyone know a good immigration lawyer in Dusseldorf or NRW? Any idea how much could this cost on average?

Thank you

You can change your current residence permit to an EU Blue Card, but the 22months to get the PR will apply from the time you get the EU Blue Card NOT from the time you came to Germany.

The 28months you've been in Germany will count e.g. when you are applying for a German passport which you get after 7years. So it will be 7years since you entered Germany.