Job in Riyadh universities

Hi
My name is Madiha Farrukh. My husband has just settled to Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. My documents are under process and hope to join him in next two months. i want to do job in Riyadh universities. I have done M.phil in Mass Communication. i want to know how i can apply in Riyadh university. is this subject available in college or universities. i am more focused on Princess Nora university. Can anyone suggest something in this regard. i also want to know about the expected package offered for an expat's wife working in Riyadh?
Thanks

Go to Wikipedia to get a list of universities and colleges in Riyadh, or do a google search.

Then, go to the websites of the universities and go to their employment section, and contact them directly to send them your CV.

Also, as an academic, you should register with the following sites and then search for jobs in the fields and geographical regions of your choice:

http://www.jobc.ac.ukhttp://www.timeshighereducation.co.ukhttp://www.higheredjobs.comhttp://www.academickeys.com

You can also setup your profile so they can send you weekly emails in the fields/regions of your choice.

Yes, communication is taught in unis here.  As for package, depends on nationality primarily, and then on degree and experience, that's how it is in this country.  South Asians with a masters could get anywhere from 5k to 10k basic salary, whereas a Westerner would easily get double or more of that for the same qualifications and experience.  If you will be hired locally, you will probably get just the basic salary, but if you are hired from abroad and come on their visa, add another about 25-30% (for housing and transport) to the basic, plus tickets and medical insurance.

Thanks a lot.
This was really helpful.

i want to ask if there are any issues in being hired as i will be sponsored by husband?
As i have read somewhere that for schools sponsorship issues are grave as the sponsorship needs to be transferred each year. is it the same for universities?
Thanks

well nowadays it is diffcult to get jobs if u want to keep your sponsorship on husband as most schools and colleges ask for immediate transfer due to strict rules prevailing nowadays in KSA......it would be best to search for colleges also dnt emphasize on universities only :)

ok. Thanks for help.

Yeah, you will have to transfer to the institution.  Up until last year, hundreds of thousands of expat women under their husbands' sponsorship were working here every year, for the past whatever number of decades.  That was still illegal, but the government turned a blind eye to it, but not anymore.  The rules are being enforced for the first time in history since November.

ok. one question. When one is living in Riyadh then how to apply for jobs in universities as i have read somewhere that you have to drop ur cvs with the agents sitting in offices next to universities.outsiders are
not allowed to enter unis.

My name is bhatti from India kashmir i speak  English & Arabic 8 years living in Riyadh looking for new visa aney work. my contact no is .......+966502769684

Madiha Imtiaz wrote:

ok. one question. When one is living in Riyadh then how to apply for jobs in universities as i have read somewhere that you have to drop ur cvs with the agents sitting in offices next to universities.outsiders are

In Jeddah anybody can enter the universities here, so I don't see why it should be different in Riyadh.  Also, you can email your CV as well.

ok thanks Trapezius

Job with Mphil qualification is a bit difficult. The best thing is to join any international school as the timings and responsibilities would be less than a university.

If you insist on a university, you need to send unsolicited emails to departments directly as they recommend names to HR for further communication.

Hope this helps

Madiha Imtiaz wrote:

This is a myth only. Universities are more open than schools. You might find a guard at schools but not at university. Secondly, dropping CV is not a good option. Search on net for the university which has your area of teaching. Then contact through email.

ok thank you. that is very helpful.