Auto Registration Quagmire

My wife has been attending Optometry school in Bayamon since 2007. She is graduating in June. Back in 2007 I purchased a car for her that I financed through Toyota. I was in PR at the time and we had to put it in my name because of my superior credit rating. Last month I payed off the car in full and the title was mailed to me in California. We would like to sell the car in Puerto Rico. The problem is the title is in my name and I don't plan on traveling to PR. How can I transfer the title to her or the person she sells the car to, without me being present in PR. Help please!!!

Let your wife talk to a lawyer who is working close to the DTOP office and does cases like this. Basically the new owner has to send you a letter with return receipt. Your wife should not accept that letter so it will be sent back to the new owner. He/she should take that letter to the lawyer (also the car license), get a notarized statement from the lawyer/notary that he bought the car and take all papers to the DTOP. Then the car has to be inspected and the VIN number recorded. After paying some fees he'll get the car in his name.
I did the same with a car I bought from a friend who left the island. It takes some time but it works. :)