Residence Visa for dependent parent

Hi ,

I am Roshni, am from India. I stay in muscat with my Husband and mother in law. My Husband is working here since 2 years, Myself and my Mother In-law shifted here on November 4th 2013 on Visit visa, as the resident visa was getting delayed for us. Now its time for us to change our visa to resident Visa. I am getting my resident visa , but its becoming hard for my Mother In-Law. As she is a widow and aged 65 yrs, she cant stay alone in India because my Husband is her only son. Moreover , these days her health is not keeping well. So it's necessary for us to get her resident visa done. Could you please let me know what can be done ?
Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Roshni

Getting a 'Dependent Visa' for a single parent is no issue at all. Only proof needs to be provided that the aged mother is dependent on her son, by producing the attested Death Certificate of the lady's husband.

Your husband's employer would then do the needful with the Directorate General of Civil Status from where the resident card can be obtained, after completing all the required formalities like fingerprinting, photographing etc.

roshnirevankar wrote:

Hi ,

I am Roshni, am from India. I stay in muscat with my Husband and mother in law. My Husband is working here since 2 years, Myself and my Mother In-law shifted here on November 4th 2013 on Visit visa, as the resident visa was getting delayed for us. Now its time for us to change our visa to resident Visa. I am getting my resident visa , but its becoming hard for my Mother In-Law. As she is a widow and aged 65 yrs, she cant stay alone in India because my Husband is her only son. Moreover , these days her health is not keeping well. So it's necessary for us to get her resident visa done. Could you please let me know what can be done ?
Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Roshni

Hello Roshni
Your topic seems to have thrown some light into my query as well. My wife is coming on a visit visa next week . You mentioned that your visit visa is getting converted to a resident visa. Please please help me with the details as how your husband got about doing it. I can follow the foot steps to getting my wife's visa converted as well.
I am leaving my email address : [email protected]

Help will be very much appreciated.

Roshni,
Not sure if you already have this sorted.
As long as your MIL can clear the medical test, there shouldn't be a problem.
You need the death certificate of your FIL and if that is not attested, this can be done by getting anthe Indian embassy in Oman. Your husband will also need to submit his salary certificate attested by Oman Commerce OICC. This will require some of the company's documents (CR cooy)  to be submitted. If the employer can get this arranged, it would be a lot easier.